So I got home today at around 4:00, and started playing guitar. I constantly played guitar for 4 hours straight (I have nothing better to do today) and now I'm a hell of alot better. I feel really great... and almost like I could play anything right now to a certain degree.

Has this ever happened to anyone? I feel like if I played for that about every... say other day, then I'd be effing amazing compared to now.

On a slightly related topic, why do people feel that they need to be able to sweep pick?

I'm not complaining about kids asking questions and trying and all that, it's great, but why?

I also feel the need to be able to sweep pick....

Anywho, thanks.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by NowhereOutThere
Yes.

Hey, thanks, you prick.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
i do feel like that sometimes usually when i get a really hard song down. and on the sweep picking question i am really trying to learn sweeping because i think it adds more depth to your ability and to your speed. but its only usefl if u actualy do it in key not just random stuff that sounds somewhat okay just because its super fast. it takes alot of practice though
No, it's not my first time. Ahha, I've done it for longer I beleive. It's weird how much better I got this time though. Magic? I think not!
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I thought it would open up a whole new world of thing I could play if I could learn to sweep, and in two days I have.. And to be honest it's made my hands stronger and quicker, a little more accurate, but not much else.
I think there have been days where I suddenly get better without practicing, it's strange. Like I stop playing for a day or two or something because of school or some such and the next time I pick up my guitar I'm alot better.

Also, Devit, only losers play an instrument for "chicks."
In other words, I'm so ugly and stupid that even though I'm good at an instrument, I'm still undesirable to anyone. Especially "chicks."
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by NorfIrIon
I thought it would open up a whole new world of thing I could play if I could learn to sweep, and in two days I have.. And to be honest it's made my hands stronger and quicker, a little more accurate, but not much else.
I think there have been days where I suddenly get better without practicing, it's strange. Like I stop playing for a day or two or something because of school or some such and the next time I pick up my guitar I'm alot better.

Also, Devit, only losers play an instrument for "chicks."
In other words, I'm so ugly and stupid that even though I'm good at an instrument, I'm still undesirable to anyone. Especially "chicks."

wow you are either very talented or practieced for a long time both those days cause igo back to evey now and agian and i can only sweep one song, bravo. also those people who play guitar just for chicks are just scene kids... i use to be one then guitar showed me that life is more than just impressiing someone, even though i still try to lol
I started playing because I saw my dad's guitar.
I also heard Johnny Winter.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
That happened to me one night about twenty five years ago. I could suddenly play in a way I never could before all from like one minute to the next. I was so excited, that the instant I woke up the next morning, I rolled right off the bed onto the floor and picked up the guitar to see if I could still do it.
Sweeping makes a more well rounded guitarist. You don't have to keep picking your fast licks the same way, you can sweep them instead and add more depth and variety to your music. I can't really sweep but I work on it from time to time....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I might of just did this and my fingers hurt a lot. Cept I felt like I got honestly 200% better at sweep picking and faster alternate picking.
Quote by Badorphan
That happened to me one night about twenty five years ago. I could suddenly play in a way I never could before all from like one minute to the next. I was so excited, that the instant I woke up the next morning, I rolled right off the bed onto the floor and picked up the guitar to see if I could still do it.

Well could you?!?!

Quote by Wafflesomd
Basically sounds like you were just warmed up.

Nah I kinda know what he means... Like before I have a "breakthrough" or a point where I get really good really quickly, the week before I play and think about how much I've not progressed or how much I suck ( Not on purpose, I just feel that way ) then BOOM.
Last edited by Seef at Jun 11, 2008,
Lol.^^^
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Lol.... yeah. I got it in the "you know you're a guitarist when..." thread.

Funny stuff.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Fryer Mike
Hey, thanks, you prick.

I answered your question... yes, sometimes i do feel like that.
Am I still a prick?
No.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Yeah, sometimes after playing for an extensive period I will be able to play faster and cleaner than I ever thought I could at this stage, sometimes it really is me getting better (well, the more you play guitar, the better youre going to get), other times it is just a random occurance that only lasts for the remainder of that day.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
I cant wait for summer vacation when i Can just play guitar All day, every day. Its my goal this summer to learn how to Sweep Pick, and do some shred stuff.
Well it my summer so iall i do is play, and its really just from warming up.

but i do feel it really helps the memory at playing at the fast tempo after awhile.

Sweeping for hours is great practice.
Builds memory and lets you work on technique.

so for those learning sweeping, work on different shapes, because once you can sweep one shape, doesnt mean you can sweep another
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
i tend to play for a long time and stop for the whole day, and next day i am able to play whatever i was trying to play reallly well, something to do with muscle memory. and also i think a lot of ppl wants to sweep, just because it looks and sounds amazing, because thats pretty much why i learned sweeping.