Fable is awesome, but make sure you pick up The Lost Chapters version of it. It's the one with the extra quests added in.
that's an MMORPG right? Play Warhammer Online when it comes out, it's gonna knock all the other games outta the water
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
that's an MMORPG right? Play Warhammer Online when it comes out, it's gonna knock all the other games outta the water

Nope, it isn't an MMORPG

I really enjoyed it but I could never bring myself to be fully good or evil all the time, I had to help someone or randomly kill people eventually....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
its pretty fun. you can kill people in thier homes so the homes are for sale.

i own all of oakvale.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Oh that game, my friends play it occasionally.. or i think they do... It's the game that's a fantacy single player RPG right?

EDIT: looks cool, which is better? 1 or 2?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
Oh that game, my friends play it occasionally.. or i think they do... It's the game that's a fantacy single player RPG right?

EDIT: looks cool, which is better? 1 or 2?

2 comes out sometime in september. they ended up pushing the release date back a few months. im planning on buying it the day it comes out.

yes, you should get it. it is probably one of my favorite games. its basically morrowind/oblivion with a more linear style of gameplay and a more more hack and slash style of combat.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
2 comes out sometime in september. they ended up pushing the release date back a few months. im planning on buying it the day it comes out.

yes, you should get it. it is probably one of my favorite games. its basically morrowind/oblivion with a more linear style of gameplay and a more more hack and slash style of combat.

ya I was wrong, it was Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion that my friends play.. Im a PC gamer so unless its converted from 360 i can't get it
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
ya I was wrong, it was Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion that my friends play.. Im a PC gamer so unless its converted from 360 i can't get it

I believe there is a version for computer.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
man i love that game i got the lost chapters for xbob. but like every critic and a whole lot of other people always say how it kinda sucks. ive never understood their reasons for that.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
its an awesome game. really short even with the lost chapters edition. but its a great game, get it.
/thread
Quote by happytimeharry
Fable is awesome, but make sure you pick up The Lost Chapters version of it. It's the one with the extra quests added in.

+12489726345893749578394875

so much better.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

It's definitely better the Oblivion.

Get it, it's probably cheap, so yeah go get it!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick

No no, not better than Oblivion but great.

Oblivion opens up with a Patrick Stewart(at least I think thats who it was) monolouge. You can't beat that.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Quote by The Charm
No no, not better than Oblivion but great.

Oblivion opens up with a Patrick Stewart(at least I think thats who it was) monolouge. You can't beat that.

Eh, I just found the Oblivion world to empty, sure there was a lot to do, but aside from the story it was just empty countryside, sort of like GTA:SA and the desert areas and stuff.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
Eh, I just found the Oblivion world to empty, sure there was a lot to do, but aside from the story it was just empty countryside, sort of like GTA:SA and the desert areas and stuff.

thats a cool analogy actually.

thats kinda why i like oblivion tho. the fact that its so wide open and huge lets you feel free and untethered. there is nothing worse than the "oh that looks like a cool lake over there, i think ill go check it out". then BAM. you hit that invisible wall where the map ends.

the only thing i hate (and love) about oblivion is the fast travel option. in morrowind, when you had to actually walk everywhere, it was kinda cool because it gave you a spacial concept for the world. if i was in one city, i knew that if i went north i would end up in such-and-such a place, if i went east i would end up in such-and-such and etc. i really liked that for some reason.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by floppypick

Yes, but the empty forest add to the realism. When you walk out into the woods, what is it?

Its a big empty forest with the occasional deer.

Heh, my charecter was so fast I could chase down deer and donkey punch them to death. Great game.

Although, on Fable I could cut peoples heads off, and then play soccer with the decapitated heads.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
definately woth it dude it rulez teh old skool
lulz street credz classicness thats wat i do it for
its good, i guess you can pick it up for likle 5 dollars now. Do it.
Fable would have been at least a mediocre game if they wouldn't have dropped the multiplayer idea. I hated the game, but my friends seemed to like it.
Quote by Msu_Man04
It was the first game I had for Xbox, it's pretty good. I beat it all the way through (except I didnt get the strongest evil bow, whatever it was called). I'd say get it.

Skorm's Bow! The easiest way to get it was sacrificing a mercenary in the very early morning. It was brutal.
It's short, and easy.
Not worth buying it IMO.
Totally worth downloading it.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I've got both Fable and Oblivion.

In my opinion Fable is a hell of a lot more fun, you can do SO much more in that game, plus, you can grow. Can you do that in Oblvion? Hell no. You're stuck looking the same for the rest of your life.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
I've got both Fable and Oblivion.

In my opinion Fable is a hell of a lot more fun, you can do SO much more in that game, plus, you can grow. Can you do that in Oblvion? Hell no. You're stuck looking the same for the rest of your life.

I'm sorry..but as good as Fable is, don't ever compare it to Oblivion. Oblivion is the greatest game ever made, where fable lacks in many ways. Fable is to short and linear to be that great. /nerdrant
Quote by floppypick

I disagree,

Fable is more for the person who is just getting into RPG's and wants a simple and fun game to start with. It has stats, spells skills etc. but no where near as much as oblivion. The world is also smaller and theres less to do but u can complete it faster

Oblivion is more for the hardcore player. Its a much more realistic game with many more sidequests, character customization options, skills, stats, weapons armor etc etc. It leans more towards the experienced gamer.

Both are fun, but in no way is fable superior to oblivion. Oblivion is a much deeper game with a much better storyline and variety of quests. buck for buck, elder scrolls games are always a better deal. both are good, but oblivion is better.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
fable is more of a...hmm...its more straightforwar "kill this...zap this...dont rape that...repeat" but it made one hell ofa game
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Quote by British_Steal
I disagree,

Fable is more for the person who is just getting into RPG's and wants a simple and fun game to start with. It has stats, spells skills etc. but no where near as much as oblivion. The world is also smaller and theres less to do but u can complete it faster

Oblivion is more for the hardcore player. Its a much more realistic game with many more sidequests, character customization options, skills, stats, weapons armor etc etc. It leans more towards the experienced gamer.

Both are fun, but in no way is fable superior to oblivion. Oblivion is a much deeper game with a much better storyline and variety of quests. buck for buck, elder scrolls games are always a better deal. both are good, but oblivion is better.

thats true but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. if you start not playing it for lets say a month, you'll find it a lot harder to go back to. also the story is just bad. at least fable lets you be a bit more involved in the story

edit: sry didnt read carefully. u already said all that xD
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by British_Steal

You hit the nail on the head there. However, compared to Morrowind, Oblivion is just child's play.

I've played tons of RPGs, Morrowind being my all time favorite. To me Fable was just an OK game, I've seen worse but it sure as hell is not one of the best RPGs. When talking to my friends about Fable, I noticed that Fable appeals more to the fans of games like Call of Duty where you can just jump right in and get in the action. Overall, I'd say it's worth at least one playthrough though.