Omg a box! Some strange brown truck has come with a box! What could it possibly be?

Hm, let's see what's inside...

Wowee, a Carvin Legacy!? Just what I wanted!

100 watts of all tube goodness. 5 12AX7's on the preamp side, 4 EL34's on the power amp side. Two channels, clean and drive. On each channel the controls are Volume, Bass, Mids, Treble, and Presence, with a Drive on the drive channel and a Master Reverb. It's switchable between 50 and 100W, and also switchable between 4, 8, and 16 ohms. There's an effects loop, line out, switchable bias, and all the rest. Another cool thing, the line out is voiced so it sounds like there's a cabinet.

Here's the amp with my old crappy 4x12, along with my Jackson and my Blues Jr.

And here's me playing it!

Now then, screw you guys. I'm gonna go to town!

Edit: Oh, and who cares about the amp. The best part was that I got a hat!
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Jun 11, 2008,
AMAZING, hows it sound?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
nice! what cab is that?
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
btw + like a million to that awesome burger king sign it's amazing where did you get that
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
AMAZING, hows it sound?

Incredible man. I took a leap of faith by buying it without playing it, but I definitely don't regret it. My parents left just as I was break it in, so I got the chance to crank it immediately.

The cleans are just was I was looking for. Very chimey, glassy, overall very Fender-like. The spring reverb is very lush. The distortion is also just what I was looking for, even more so. I wish I could describe it... I wouldn't call it br00tal, but it easily gets that awesome thrash sound. Very articulated, not too dirty, but it brings me to my knees. Very good, definitely the best amp I could get new in the price range.

Oh, and I got the Burger King sign from a Burger King. They were about to get rid of there's, so right after they threw it away I went in and did a heist.

Quote by gpderek09
nice! what cab is that?

Guitar Research, Sam Ash's crappy brand. I got it with my old half stack. I'm likely gonna get new speakers down the road, it's not very good.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Jun 11, 2008,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
extremely nice and tnx for picky's

clippy's?

god damn am i jeolous

I suppose I'll put some up tomorrow. I have a Shure SM57 and some recording equipment, but it's a bit late and my parents are back. I could use the line out, but that won't really do it as much justice.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
i was looking at these myself. does it have a master volume?
Gear:
2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Honeyburst)
Marshall AVT50X
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Signature Crybaby Wah
Quote by H-D
i was looking at these myself. does it have a master volume?

Nah. If you're wondering about bedroom levels, yes it gets loud (being 100 tube watts ), but it still has a very nice tone at low volumes.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Best solution to the parent problem. This requires ear muffs. Play moderately loud to get their attention. Then when you hear them yell, keep going. When you hear them coming put ear muffs on and full crank. When they open the door lay down some badass metal riff and knock them unconscious. Give you a good 2 hours easy.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Nice amp.

What's your opinion on the Jackson DK2m you own? Versatile? Better than an Epiphone Les Paul? Good trem?
Would you also recommend it to Moe?
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
Nice amp.

What's your opinion on the Jackson DK2m you own? Versatile? Better than an Epiphone Les Paul? Good trem?
Would you also recommend it to Moe?

I would. I've played other shred guitars and I don't like them nearly as much (I did like an ESP I played, but it wasn't quite as good.) I love the way it plays, how the neck curves more at the nut and flattens out when it gets closer to the body. Sounds good too, the Seymour Duncans are an added bonus. The trem is good. Since it's LFR rather than OFR, the tuning stability's not quite as good, but honestly it's a fine trem.

I would recommend it way more than an Epi LP, but I'm biased considering I hate Les Pauls. Still, even with an unbiased point of view I'd take the Jackson any day.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
I would. I've played other shred guitars and I don't like them nearly as much (I did like an ESP I played, but it wasn't quite as good.) I love the way it plays, how the neck curves more at the nut and flattens out when it gets closer to the body. Sounds good too, the Seymour Duncans are an added bonus. The trem is good. Since it's LFR rather than OFR, the tuning stability's not quite as good, but honestly it's a fine trem.

I would recommend it way more than an Epi LP, but I'm biased considering I hate Les Pauls. Still, even with an unbiased point of view I'd take the Jackson any day.

Quote by Moe.

One thing though, you should probably play it. I feel like it was made for my fingers, but you may not feel the same way.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
One thing though, you should probably play it. I feel like it was made for my fingers, but you may not feel the same way.

Yeah too true.
I can easily adapt though. I was just looking for something with a slimmer neck than the epi.
Nice new amp!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by Mockingbird452
How much did you get it for?

It seems like a cool amp.

Not including tax, $800 new.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
ill trade you my crate palomino v32, jackson dtmgt, and ibanez ts9 for that burger king sign!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥