Page 1 of 3
Well
theyre the best band ever
they have an extremely creative talented guitarist and their singer has a unique voice.
i honestly cant give them a genre so metal is close enough

listen to them if you havent
They go in the hardcore forum
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Why would they go in the hardcore forum?
they're not hardcore...
They are one ****in awesome band though.
Quote by skate_guitar
Why would they go in the hardcore forum?
they're not hardcore...
They are one ****in awesome band though.

Metalcore goes in the hXc forum for trafficking.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Maybe in the Progressive forum...
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Cause that's what the mods said.

How come whenever there is a thread about a non metal band dozens of people hiding in the woodworks run out and through in their two cents?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by silhouettica

Almost sigged

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by silhouettica

no, they go in the hardcore forum. like i already said. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
seriously, if they made longer songs i'm pretty sure they'd be considered progressive.
if rody only growled, no-one would say they were hardcore.
Quote by skate_guitar
seriously, if they made longer songs i'm pretty sure they'd be considered progressive.
if rody only growled, no-one would say they were hardcore.

no one cares. leave. have a nice day. don't come back.
Long songs =/= Prog.

Their riffing is too close to metalcore.

Quote by eggsandham2
mmmm technically they are metal , hardcore and progressive but yeah the ppl in the metal thread have an unhealthy hatred for metalcore lol so ud probably wanna move this to the Hardcore thread to save urself some trouble
I wouldnt call them hardcore because theyre much more creative than hardcore stuff. but they do have similar time changes i guess
Quote by mikebefly
I wouldnt call them hardcore because theyre much more creative than hardcore stuff. but they do have similar time changes i guess

Once again, what you would call them doesn't matter. what the mods call them does. they call them hardcore.
wow the evil hat is a douchbag
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
lol for someone who says no one cares about protest he seems to care quite a bit
Quote by selkies

No, he follows the rules...

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by selkies

wow...i don't care. where do all of you douchebags come from? whenever there is a metalcore thread a dozen dumbasses leap out of the wood works. go back to where you ****ing came from (or where you should be right now) - the hardcore forum.
Quote by skate_guitar
meh. he's still a douche.

No, he's reporting you, yet you fight back against the rules.

He's doing his civic duty to the forum.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by TisPyon
lol for someone who says no one cares about protest he seems to care quite a bit

I didn't say i didn't care about the band. i said that i don't care about your pleas to allow this thread in the METAL forum. when this band is metalCORE. which goes in the HARDCORE forum.

and quite frankly, i don't care what you guys think of me.
Quote by tona_107
suck up much? and since when is it cool to follow the rules

Dude...

No, I suck up to no-one, and oh you're so cool, rebel

So seriously shut the hell up, you're doing nothing but furthering your obvious stupidity.

Quote by eggsandham2
i "came out of the woodworks" because i was intrested in seeing what the metal forum is all about..
don't gotta be a high on yourself little prick about ****. aand stop telling me to go back to the hardcore forum. i've never even been there.
Quote by tona_107
suck up much? and since when is it cool to follow the rules

...Have fun in the forum of the banned, dumbass. rebellion for the sake of rebellion is idiotic. Anyway, i urge all of you to look at my first post. I was nice, and i informed the TS where he should post. You decided to fight back. Yet i'm the douchebag. right, have fun in the FoTB.
Quote by The Evil Hat
wow...i don't care. where do all of you douchebags come from? whenever there is a metalcore thread a dozen dumbasses leap out of the wood works. go back to where you ****ing came from (or where you should be right now) - the hardcore forum.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
No, he follows the rules...

but he is still a prick and a douchbag
agile in-ceptor 727
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
Quote by selkies
but he is still a prick and a douchbag

Not when you don't act like a "rebel" around him though, he is pretty sensible when you don't disobey the rules.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by skate_guitar
i "came out of the woodworks" because i was intrested in seeing what the metal forum is all about..
don't gotta be a high on yourself little prick about ****. aand stop telling me to go back to the hardcore forum. i've never even been there.

Well, if you want to post about Protest the Hero, it's clearly where you should go. Is it that ****ing hard to follow the rules?
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Dude...

No, I suck up to no-one, and oh you're so cool, rebel

So seriously shut the hell up, you're doing nothing but furthering your obvious stupidity.

bahaha you're soooooo cool, but i better not say anything cause i've been told to "shut the hell up" . and don't bother pointing out someone's "obvious stupidity" if you're going to omit necessary punctuation, COMMAS.

i think protest can definitely be considered metal, their vox really sound metalesque a lot of the time.
Last edited by tona_107 at Jun 11, 2008,
i love PTH but someone needs to close this thread before a ****ton of people get banned

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by mikebefly
I wouldnt call them hardcore because theyre much more creative than hardcore stuff.

Because we all know hardcore can't ever have creativity in it at all.

Protest the Hero are progressive metalcore. They belong in the hardcore forum according to the forum rules, because the metal forum is the most active B&A forum and keeping the metalcore bands in here would make it impossible to keep under control. It has nothing to do with a hatred of metalcore, although many of the regulars aren't fans of the genre.

There's probably a Protest the Hero thread in the hardcore forum. Go post in there, and let this thread die.
Hardcore invasion! *Sounds the alarm*

Seriously, why do you guys not bother reading the rules and then put up a fight when your politely told to take the thread elsewhere?

Morons.......
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by Scourge441
Because we all know hardcore can't ever have creativity in it at all.

Protest the Hero are progressive metalcore. They belong in the hardcore forum according to the forum rules, because the metal forum is the most active B&A forum and keeping the metalcore bands in here would make it impossible to keep under control. It has nothing to do with a hatred of metalcore, although many of the regulars aren't fans of the genre.

There's probably a Protest the Hero thread in the hardcore forum. Go post in there, and let this thread die.

see this guy said it with class unlike evil hat
agile in-ceptor 727
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
Protest the Hero...?...Metal...? What will be next ? Avenged Sevenfold in the jazz forum?
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Not when you don't act like a "rebel" around him though, he is pretty sensible when you don't disobey the rules.

Thanks
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Hardcore invasion! *Sounds the alarm*

Seriously, why do you guys not bother reading the rules and then put up a fight when your politely to take th thread elsewhere?

Morons.......

This is exactly why I called all the "Rebels" in this thread stupid.

It's a simple rule.

Do you see any big threads about bands relatively similar to PtH?

Opeth, Metallica, Behemoth, Nile, and In Flames to name a few.

Non eof those bands are remotely similar...so GET.

OUT.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by selkies
see this guy said it with class unlike evil hat

Yes, because when i said that they were hardcore and told the OP to go there, used a ****ing ' ' smiely, i was being a real douche. right.
Quote by The Evil Hat
Yes, because when i said that they were hardcore and told the OP to go there, used a ****ing ' ' smiely, i was being a real douche. right.

Yea, your smiley should have virtually dried his tears and wiped his butt for him
I suppose.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
no but bout the 3rd msg on u were
agile in-ceptor 727
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod