I'm probably going to be buying this cabinet:

Ampeg B115E 1X15

This comes with it, and I've heard it sound just fine...my friend is asking $300 for both, or around $220 for the cabinet.

I know Behringers aren't great, but it gives out a great amount of watts and he says it's never broken down on him.

Any suggestions? (I don't have a huge budget, so if you are going to suggest a different head, keep in mind I can't go over $400...)

Thanks fellas.
ive used that head and many other ultrabass amps and have never had a problem. i actually bought one with christmas money cause it was on sale with high wattage and i needed an amp for band practice. i know behringer arent great but ive never had problems the the ultrabass line. id say get it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by DonWeaso
I know Behringers aren't great, but it gives out a great amount of watts and he says it's never broken down on him.
Behringer overrate their stuff. They advertise peak power whereas other brands list RMS power (which is around 2/3 of peak power).

Past performance isn't a guarantee of future success.
do it, sell the head to a sucker for $150, then get a new one.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
get it, your getting the head real cheap anyway so its worth the gamble. you could get a preamp and just use the power section of the behringer :P