I am thinking of buying a Vibro Champ XD for $249. Good deal? Any better bargains for the money? Would like to buy new.
Woah, partner. It's a good amp, but the Super Champ is louder with more features. But the Vibro Champ...I guess it's still good. I've owned the Super Champ, same family, it might just be a few watts higher, that really might be all. Great amps.
I got some good guitars, yo.
If you're going to get one, I'd say to go ahead and spend the extra 50 bucks for a Super Champ XD, unless you need the vibrato or want lower wattage.

I have a Vibro Champ from 76, but they probably aren't even close to the same.

I've seen the new ones at the local shop but haven't tried them. Are you planning on buying soon? If you're just shopping around, I'll try to get out to the music shop and try one this weekend. I can't guarantee I'll be able to, but I can try.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
If you're going to get one, I'd say to go ahead and spend the extra 50 bucks for a Super Champ XD, unless you need the vibrato or want lower wattage.

I have a Vibro Champ from 76, but they probably aren't even close to the same.

I've seen the new ones at the local shop but haven't tried them. Are you planning on buying soon? If you're just shopping around, I'll try to get out to the music shop and try one this weekend. I can't guarantee I'll be able to, but I can try.

There is quite a difference, apparently. The current Vibro Champ seems to have incorporated modeling elements, digital simulation and such.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Wulver
There is quite a difference, apparently. The current Vibro Champ seems to have incorporated modeling elements, digital simulation and such.

I know, that's why I added that even though I have a Vibro Champ, it's an older one and it's not even close to the same as the new ones.

I'll try and get out to the shop this weekend.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Hehe, yeah I've got an old vibrochamp too. LOVE IT!

Sadly, he's right. The new ones probably don't match up to it at all.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
if i'm not mistaken (new) sorry i didn't bother to look it up

Vibro Champ is 5 watts (never played)

Super Champ is 15 watts (played and liked for the most part) esp for -$300

both (new ones) look the same and are both hybrids imo - VOTE is SuperChamp XD