I am a long time iPod user, and have been thinking about getting a Zune. An 80GB Zune seem better than my 30GB iPod, but one question arose: Can Zunes play music i've purchased from iTunes. In other words, can I convert my iPod format into Zune format? Thanks.
No sir, only iPods can play iTunes music. Unless its the newer DRM-free stuff I heard they started using. I don't know if it's true though, so don't quote me.
Quote by pucci6d6
No sir, only iPods can play iTunes music. Unless its the newer DRM-free stuff I heard they started using. I don't know if it's true though, so don't quote me.

ohh ya ya you need the itunes plus music! so unless it was downloaded as plus content you are out of luck sir. isn't it cool how you will now be punished for buying music; you won't even be able to use the music YOU paid for because you refuse to forfeit to their attempt at a monopoly.
Quote by evanm31
I am a long time iPod user, and have been thinking about getting a Zune. An 80GB Zune seem better than my 30GB iPod, but one question arose: Can Zunes play music i've purchased from iTunes. In other words, can I convert my iPod format into Zune format? Thanks.

Here's an interesting bypass. I can't remember if it worked with purchased music though.

Download MediaMonkey (sweet mediaplayer) and find where your purchased music downloaded to on your comp. If you add those to your MediaMonkey library and try to add it to your Zune, i think MM has a converter of some kind that should put it in a Zune-compatible format.

Again, I don't remember if this worked. You could just be wasting your time.
1. Burn your music onto cds.

2. Import music from cds back to computer.

The music should then be playable on any mp3 player.