Looking for a diagram on how to install a coil splitter if possible, or if you have done it, advice would be appreciated. My guitar has two humbuckers, a single volume and a single tone knob and a 3 way switch. Thanks.

Edit:
Last edited by JoshRocco at Jun 11, 2008,
is it a stock pickup or after market?

they would need to be 4 -wire pups.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Stock Pickups, Carvin m22's

Edit: A coil splitter is an option from Carvin on these pickups, but with a switch rather than a push pull pot. So the pick ups should be fine.
well, stock pups are often 2 wire. but you can look it up on line, or open the pup cavity, see if there are 2 or 4 wires leading from the pickups.

you need 4 to split two.

^hey pete. long time

edit: ok there you go, so you need the carvin wire identification colors, maybe they have that info on the site.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Dirk Gently
http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUHH3T1104 < try that one. It's the same as the one I posted earlier, but modified for a 4 conductor rather than 3 conductor pickup set.

Thanks I believe that's what I am looking for. That is actually the site I was looking to purchase the push pull pot from. http://www.guitarelectronics.com/category/electronic_parts.pots/

I was thinking the 7th one down the list, but I'm not sure what the numbers mean (250k, 500k etc.)
The ohm ratings are the level of resistance and effect "tone bleed-off." Generally, you should use a 500k with humbuckers, 250k with single coils. The last one - 25k - is for active electronics systems.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
The ohm ratings are the level of resistance and effect "tone bleed-off." Generally, you should use a 500k with humbuckers, 250k with single coils. The last one - 25k - is for active electronics systems.

Great, thank you Dirk Gently.