Hey, the age limit for a job went down in my area and now im old enough for a job (14) , so im going to save for a new guitar. Any recommendations? Im thinking about a Jackson DK2M, but im not sure. Im looking to spend around $500. I play anywhere from Zeppelin, to Metallica.
NO I DONT NEED A NEW AMP, STFU
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by KennySG at Jun 11, 2008,
Yes, you need a new amp.

But your question is far too vague. How much do you want to spend max? What do you want in a guitar? What have you played? It's easier if you say "I've played X, Y, and Z and want to decide between them" rather than "In the entire universe of instruments, what do you recommend I get?"
Hi, I'm Peter
Ahh my bad, im looking to spend around 500, and jesus my amp is good enough for now.. except for the fact its hard as hell to lug around, but its not as bad as most people say...
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Quote by KennySG
Ahh my bad, im looking to spend around 500, and jesus my amp is good enough for now.. except for the fact its hard as hell to lug around, but its not as bad as most people say...

then it doesn't matter. if you like how it sounds then keep it.

what kind of music do you play?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Thanks. I play anywhere from Zeppelin to Metallica. Lots of classic rock.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Get a Epi Les Paul standard I just got on today, very versital, and crisp sound! A bit heavy; hurt my shoulders after about 45 minutes of playing. lol
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Fender Frontman 15G

Squire Strat.
im actually looking into gibson les pauls around 1000.. i dont know if i can afford that though
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Some people enjoy Epi's over Gibsons actually. And they're half the price. I got mine for 275, it's broken in quite a bit tho . Still plays great as opposed to a Squire. lol
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Fender Frontman 15G

Squire Strat.
yeah i know but id rather have a gibson. I cant find any good looking ones for under 1000
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
maybe.. hopefully il be able to get a drive into musicstop soon..
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
You'd be better off with a high end epiphone than a low end gibson, which is what you're looking at for $1000 dollars.

Any gibson that is around you're original price of 500 dollars must be falling apart at the seams, and gibson studios are iffy