Page 1 of 3
I was on my way to work this morning and i noticed a big yellow school bus sitting in the front yard of a farm house with a big for sale sign on it. All day at work me and the guy i work with just kind of joked around about how sweet it would be to turn a bus into the ultimate party-mobile.

So anyway on my way home i decided to stop by and see what the guy wanted for this thing.. Its a pretty old bus that looks pretty ****ty on the outside but mechanically runs great. He was asking 5000 for it.

so later me and 4 buddies went back and somehow managed to bargain the guy down to 2000 ( mostly because one of the guys i was with owns an autobody shop and knows his stuff )

So basically me and 3 friends now own a bus which we plan to turn into a party machine. So far some ideas we have are

Outside
- new paint scheme
- tinted windows
- fake blower / wheelie bar
- possibly some old big racing slicks on the back if my buddy can work it out

Inside
- cheap laminate flooring
- ripping the seats out and strategically placing couches and tables
- dance floor
- stripper poles
- bar
- lighting

It sounds pretty retarded and frankly it is. But really most of the stuff we want to put in / on we already have laying around. The only thing that would cost us money is tinting the windows.

EDIT: If anyone has suggestions feel free to throw em out aha

EDIT: Yea ill get pics, its going to take a while to finish though. Ill throw the before pics up in a couple days though
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Last edited by deadmansdiary at Jun 11, 2008,
Sounds f*cking sweet...

But what about gas money?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

thats ****ing awesome!
Rock In Peace, Ronnie James Dio

my gear:
Charvel Model 4
Custom Superstrat w/ DiMarzios (under construction)
Peavey Vypyr
saving up for a better amp
Holy crap, that's awesome!

The inside sounds pretty good, but maybe like shag carpet? But that would be harder to clean if you partied in it a lot. On second thought, laminate flooring is good.

May I also suggest a jukebox or some sort of stereo system?
Saint Louis Blues
this=epic.

Every day you'll see the dust (Too much, the Magic Bus)
As I drive my baby in my Magic Bus (Too much, the Magic Bus)
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by The Picker
Holy crap, that's awesome!

The inside sounds pretty good, but maybe like shag carpet? But that would be harder to clean if you partied in it a lot. On second thought, laminate flooring is good.

May I also suggest a jukebox or some sort of stereo system?

Ohh yea thats another thing we're actually going to spend a good bit of money on is a bumpin sound system. We want something just retardedly loud, and probably a decent flat screen to put on the wall somewhere to loop some sort of "trance" thing
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Get Hydraulics
If you break it, superglue it together, then when your done give it to a friend
That's an awesome idea...

I'm terrible with these kinda things, I'd try and make it bad ass but it would probably either turn into storage space, a library, or some form of rolling dildo shop, but I wish you good luck.
Feed your mind.
you forgot rocket launchers...
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
Pics
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by Thornography
Pics!

aha yea ill post some before and after pics. After could take a while though. Its probably going to be a good few month project.
that has been my dream since grade school, the only goal in my life i ever hope to achieve is to pimp a ****ing bus. i love you.
Your modifications sound like they'll wreck it! I mean seriously, unless you're going for schoolbus to gaybus, you might want to rethink your decor ideas.

Here's how you do it:
1) Leave bus as it is
2) Park outside school
3) Wait for children to get on and then lock the doors
4) ...
5) PROFIT
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Me and my friends had this same idea, you are living our dream!!

Post some pics of before and after when you make this thing, its gonna be sweet.

Edit: guess you already had that in mind ^^ haha
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
cheap horr to live in it!!
Originally Posted by InvaderTSN
Step 1: Buy popcorn.
Step 2: Cut hole in bottom of popcorn bucket.
Step 3: Stick penis through hole.
Step 4: Ask date to get some popcorn.
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!
Quote by deadmansdiary
Ohh yea thats another thing we're actually going to spend a good bit of money on is a bumpin sound system. We want something just retardedly loud, and probably a decent flat screen to put on the wall somewhere to loop some sort of "trance" thing

How about a projector onto a pulldown screen? You could hook up a laptop (if you already have one) to show movies or visualizer from iTunes. But if don't have the Laptop already, go for the flat screen.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by red star
Pics

+1
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
No ideas for turning it into a party bus...me I'd turn it into a touring bus...but hey. I just wanna say...freaking sweet! Can we haz pics? 'Cause that is wicked.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

you are my hero

if you EVER get bored of the bus, I'll take it off your hands
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Big ol' amplifiers! Line the walls my friend, line the walls.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Quote by Yakult
Your modifications sound like they'll wreck it! I mean seriously, unless you're going for schoolbus to gaybus, you might want to rethink your decor ideas.

Here's how you do it:
1) Leave bus as it is
2) Park outside school
3) Wait for children to get on and then lock the doors
4) ...
5) PROFIT

bahaha i totally had that idea like 2 days ago. how funny would it be if a pedophile stole a school bus and made all the necessary stops? its totally possible. maybe not so funny, more sick and ****ed, but funny enough that i was laughing my ass off.
Quote by tyronelab

As long as your bus is as awesome as this.

You'd have to drop a lot of acid to make your bus that cool.
Feed your mind.
LUCKY, I wish I could get a bus for $2000 ;( Anyway you've got good ideas, and as somebody else said, a jukebox is a must. And a refrigerator/microwave for TV dinners on- the-go. You'll need a way to power them, though... Try to find a way to get an electrical system in there.

Good luck man!
Page 1 of 3