After having three crappy demos up for awhile, my band finally put down the money for some professional recording at a professional studio, and we just wanted to get some feedback on how we sounded now that you can actually hear what we sound like. Our entire CD is sort of a concept album based on cosmology and astronomy.‘The Beginning’ has four movements:

I. The Big Bang (symbolized by the big [downbeat] hit after the intro and all the weird sound effects/ambience before it),
II. II. The First Star (its obvious when it starts),
III. III. The First Galaxy (Reprise of ‘The First Star’ with slightly expanded melody, symbolizing a growing universe), and
IV. IV. As We Know It (starts with bass reprise or w/e…symbolizes the world ‘as we know it’ today, full of chaos and havoc…the music gets a little crazy both tonally and rhythmically)

Gravity simply depicts everything ‘going downward’, time signatures shortening (Latin section, starts 9/8, then 4/4, then 7/8), all melodies are always in a downward feel, blah blah blah. Just wanted to explain this beforehand in a footnote-type manner. Anyway, these are our two newly recorded songs, and we’re obviously an instrumental progressive/metal band. We actually just can’t find a singer so we decided to do a CD like this in the meantime (but we are looking)…anyway hope you enjoy. Feedback is welcome/appreciated. (Our entire CD is very concept-based like these two songs, and the other songs are all cohesive from a thematic standpoint…aka a concept album or whatever).

EDIT: We had to reduce the quality drastically in order for 'The Beginning' to fit on MySpace...it's a 10 minute song...and, the MB limit is 10 on MySpace...so I apologize...

www.myspace.com/Tetrafusion
Last edited by Mista_Marko at Jun 11, 2008,
badass stuff man, i personally like concept albums like symphony x's the odyssey would love to hear your stuff if you manage to find a singer, ive been wanting to do something like this for a while but finding dedicated musicians into prog. is kinda hard.
Last edited by TheEmoStrangler at Jun 11, 2008,
Hmmm cant see the player... but i can still hear the music

The track with the latin sections was my favorite!
Ill re-edit when i can get the player to load
So i can give you guys a proper review

but anyways good job!
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Mista_Marko
After having three crappy demos up for awhile, my band finally put down the money for some professional recording at a professional studio, and we just wanted to get some feedback on how we sounded now that you can actually hear what we sound like. Our entire CD is sort of a concept album based on cosmology and astronomy.‘The Beginning’ has four movements:

I. The Big Bang (symbolized by the big [downbeat] hit after the intro and all the weird sound effects/ambience before it),
II. II. The First Star (its obvious when it starts),
III. III. The First Galaxy (Reprise of ‘The First Star’ with slightly expanded melody, symbolizing a growing universe), and
IV. IV. As We Know It (starts with bass reprise or w/e…symbolizes the world ‘as we know it’ today, full of chaos and havoc…the music gets a little crazy both tonally and rhythmically)

Gravity simply depicts everything ‘going downward’, time signatures shortening (Latin section, starts 9/8, then 4/4, then 7/8), all melodies are always in a downward feel, blah blah blah. Just wanted to explain this beforehand in a footnote-type manner. Anyway, these are our two newly recorded songs, and we’re obviously an instrumental progressive/metal band. We actually just can’t find a singer so we decided to do a CD like this in the meantime (but we are looking)…anyway hope you enjoy. Feedback is welcome/appreciated. (Our entire CD is very concept-based like these two songs, and the other songs are all cohesive from a thematic standpoint…aka a concept album or whatever).

www.myspace.com/Tetrafusion

cool man we do the time change prog metal (check out my profile) thing you guys are definately -278 degrees (celsius). There is a vodka which is called absolute zero its amazing.

stick with the keys thing upfront dream theater went downhill when the sheridian style keys riffs went away. Id steer cleer with the thrash metal and uber pretentiousness no offence, however thats what the kids like..many so called prog metalheads are very narrow minded.
Awesome stuff, sounds great. I like Symphony X so this is pretty good.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
This stuff's awesome. I love concepts, my band are based around a storyline which interlinks with another storyline written by another band we're extremely close with and each band tells the different branches of the story with similar riffs to depict when the stories cross each other etc.
ohai little sig.
amazing stuff guys, very well developed music skills, (writing and playing).

i'd imagine looking for a singer to both suit your style, and be interested would be difficult to come across.

if you were after a singer... try going to your local university/college (or whatever you american's name them) and go to the music department. ask for the person at reception or whatever to send out an e-mail, or post a paper on the notice board for a singer for your stuff.

anywho, great shizzle guys. gravity was my more favourite song. everything seems well produced. the drums could have a bit more 'OOMPH' but its fine for now.
Yeah, like I said, the only reason we went down the whole instrumental route is because we're just having a hard time finding a singer our age, but good pointers. How does the mix/quality sound to you guys?