I have an M-100FM and I love the neck on that thing, I preferred it more than my friend's Ibanez RG. The LTD neck has a more rounded feel to me while still being thin, while the Ibanez ones are like thin and flat which is a bit weird imo.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
i have an ltd ax-260 its pretty thin i like it
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
"The thin U-shaped neck with 24 extra jumbo frets provides comfort for all playing styles."

ESP/LTD Necks:

It's pretty close to an Wizard II, IMO. Bit thicker.

And more than likely it's finished if it's a set neck, usually if it's unfinished and it's anything BUT a bolt on it will specify the neck is unfinished or has a clean satin coat. If you really want an unfinished neck, do it the old fashioned way. Grab some painters tape and some sandpaper and commence sweating .
Last edited by edusty2010 at Jun 11, 2008,
Quote by NowhereOutThere
I think I might get this LTD: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-H500-With-EMG-Pickups?sku=512891

But I would like to know what the neck profile is... I usually like thin neck, like an Ibanez or Jackson, but something around a Strat isn't bad. Also, can anyone tell me if the neck is unfinished? That would be most appreciated.

Neck isn't unfinished... you'd be kind of hard pressed to find an unfinished neck.

But buy that H500 if you're thinking about it. I don't like EMGs, but I played the sunburst one with Duncans, and it was really awesome. I didn't like a lot of the ESPs I tried out, but that guitar was a highlight of my day.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Wouldn't be quite as thin as an Ibanez, similar to a Jackson I played a while ago.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
I'm planning to get an LTD V-500. Since the neck is "Thin U", will it compare to the Ibanez Wizard II neck in terms of speed (I really like the WII neck, but I want a neck-through guitar, not some ibanez bolt-on).
Quote by Beebaboo
I'm planning to get an LTD V-500. Since the neck is "Thin U", will it compare to the Ibanez Wizard II neck in terms of speed (I really like the WII neck, but I want a neck-through guitar, not some ibanez bolt-on).

It's slightly thicker, but honestly I prefer the Thin U to the WII neck any day. The WII is TOO thin for me, it hurts my hand after about an hour . I find the TU to be just as fast.
Quote by edusty2010
It's slightly thicker, but honestly I prefer the Thin U to the WII neck any day. The WII is TOO thin for me, it hurts my hand after about an hour . I find the TU to be just as fast.

Oh hell yeah! I'm definitely getting the V-500 now!
Quote by Beebaboo
Oh hell yeah! I'm definitely getting the V-500 now!

Haha believe me you'll like it. I played one when I went to a sam ash with a friend, suggested he try it, and he bought it then and there lol. The EMG 81 combo is AMAZING for lead playing, I was really skeptical on it before I played it but you can get decent cleans even with the 81 in the neck. Not as good as a 60 but still great while retaining that searing soloing tone.
Quote by edusty2010
Haha believe me you'll like it. I played one when I went to a sam ash with a friend, suggested he try it, and he bought it then and there lol. The EMG 81 combo is AMAZING for lead playing, I was really skeptical on it before I played it but you can get decent cleans even with the 81 in the neck. Not as good as a 60 but still great while retaining that searing soloing tone.

I play rhythm and vocals, but my solos are pretty nice, so the V should be perfect. Looks, Comfort, No Freakin' Floyd Rose, Sound.