So i started to learn legato. I have made pretty good progress. I can do any legato lick with the 1st finger(pointer) 2 ( bad mother finger) and 4 ( tiny pinky) clean,fast and well. But when it comes to patterns with the 1 3 and 4 fingers i can't get them fast,well or clean. I was wondering what is the best excercise to increase my effectiveness with that finger pattern. Thanks in advance
You already know the answer: just use that finger pattern, the more you do it the easier it'll get. Trills are good for that kind of thing; just use the last 2 fingers (3 and 4) and you'll get better over time.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
a trill is just a hammer on and pull off done quickly. like your index is on 2nd fret so you hammer on 5th fret and pull off really fast
a trill is just a hammer on and pull off done quickly. like your index is on 2nd fret so you hammer on 5th fret and pull off really fast

And you do it repeatedly :p

like:

--7h9p7h9p7h9 etc...