Today we played a pretty big gig, nothing HUGE but somewhat big. We played then we left for a bit and came back, and this hardcore band was playing and we thought it would be fun to mosh. Some kids were hardcore dancing or some **** (flailing arms and legs), and I'm pretty sure one of them kicked or punched my hand. I looked at it and my finger was swelling up horribly. I went to the doctors today and I have broken my finger (left index) at the base and it will take 6-8 weeks of physical therapy and other **** before I'm fully recovered. Being a right handed player I cannot do anything with the guitar. Oh, Pit... I'm so ****ing pissed. The guitar is my life and I've just gotten out of school. No guitar this summer. What should I do for the time being? Beat the **** out of those gay straight-edge ****s? Thank you for your time.
Suck it up
Open tune guitar
Place slide on left ring/pinky
???
Profit.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
3-finger + thumb pick? just get the gimp outta the way and you can start going el classico!
i broke a finger the first day of summer two years ago, even though it wasnt the best idea, I kept playing and when I had to stop wearing the medical tape and stuff, I could play better than ever, my hand felt a lot stronger and stuff. It depends on the person though I guess
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Cry. That's what I'd do.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Quote by Wikipedia
Garcia later confided that he often used it to his advantage in his youth, showing it off to other children in his neighborhood.

Cut it off and show off to all your friends, I mean, Jerry never complained.
masturbate

also you could try and use hammer ons and pull offs with your right hand. I think that will help you with tapping solos and crap like that.
Maybe it'll be like Rookie Of the Year and you'll be able to do epic hammers or vibratos?

but in the mean time... go out side i guess.. or practice techniques with your picking hand?

Or fap. Furiously.
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Quote by dirtymexican863
drugs

+1 That really sucks though man I feel so damn bad for you, damn hardcore kids, they always look so damn gay doing all of that dumb crap.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
i tore my acl in my right knee the first week of last summer and had to have surgery and couldnt walk that whole summer. sucked a big one. i know what it is like though. i cut my finger pretty bad one time and couldnt play for a few days and i was going NUTS!!!! you will figure something out. good luck
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Just use your other hand to masturbate, oh wait your worried about not being able to play guitar all summer, damn, umm...........my bad
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?