Thats a bitch of a change, but you get used to it. You could always barr the A chord (unless you already are, I didnt watch the vid).
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Learn "Wild Thing". That's the song that got me started with open chord progressions
Quote by Ehh
Thats a bitch of a change, but you get used to it. You could always barr the A chord (unless you already are, I didnt watch the vid).

I tried barring the A chord but the end of my finger ALWAYS hits the last string on accident, I guess I just need to improve on this shortcut
Just keep your first finger fretted and move the other two around it. Practice this slowly until you can do it naturally. I had problems with this one when I first started. Practice is the key!
All your base are belong to us.
Nah you get wicked fast if you keep doing it. I swear even now I look at myself when I mess around playign randomn chords and I'm amazed at how good I've gotten.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Just keep your first finger fretted and move the other two around it. Practice this slowly until you can do it naturally. I had problems with this one when I first started. Practice is the key!

Wait what? My first finger is fretted on the fourth string though? I thought the D chord was the first 3?
Play the chord.
Remove hand from fretboard.
Shake hand furiously.
Form chord again and repeat.

This helps me A LOT when I learn to finger chords. Eventually you will become so familiar with the finger placement it will become natural for you to switch almost instantly.
Quote by guitarnoob456
Wait what? My first finger is fretted on the fourth string though? I thought the D chord was the first 3?

Oh dang, you're right. I don't know what the hell chord I was thinking of >_< Sorry
Quote by guitarnoob456

It is, but there's two ways to fret the notes in an A chord one is used more in classical music while the one you are using is more common, both hold the second frets of the DG and B strings though.