Page 1 of 2
This is ridiculous. My friend showed me this video on youtube with a guy discussing the possibility of the assasination of Barack Obama, and has some very good points. It's almost scary with the things he says. Anyway...I don't know exactly what to say in response to this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ZKPtQjVZk&feature=related

Discuss.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Assassinations are not the trend nowadays. You have to destroy one's reputation to be cool.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Assassinations are not the trend nowadays. You have to destroy one's reputation to be cool.

yes. like TS just ruined his own reputation for making a thread that is EPIC PHAIL!
I'm not watching it but I was thinking about that too, Obama does have a higher risk of assasination than McCain.
My mom is for Obama, but she is afraid for him. She truly believes he will be assassinated in a few years. She was just talking to me about this about an hour ago. As for me, I have no opinion.
Quote by MedicreDemon
I'm not watching it but I was thinking about that too, Obama does have a higher risk of assasination than McCain.

of course. who would think of assassinating a former POW? thats like killing a top-notch combat pilot...
Quote by MedicreDemon

Yeah, the fact that people will discriminate against his race AND his religion, things are not going well for him. It's a shame because if he was white and christian, he would be like the "ideal" president. It sucks that there are people who can't look past that, in America.

For anybody who didn't watch it, it's basically a guy ranting about how at a place where Obama was going to speak, there were 17,000 seats in the stadium, and after a while, to speed things up, they took down the metal detectors and stopped screening people for weapons.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

i hate to say that obama will for sure get assassinated but it seems almost like a given. america has not come that far. hell america wasnt ready for an irish catholic like kennedy, let alone a black president.
Quote by 6DgOfInTb
Yeah, the fact that people will discriminate against his race AND his religion, things are not going well for him. It's a shame because if he was white and christian, he would be like the "ideal" president. It sucks that there are people who can't look past that, in America.

He is a Christian.
Anybody who grew up in the 60s and remembers JFK, RFK, and MLK (wow, interesting that their last names all began with K) would say that, but the political climate in America is not nearly as volatile as it was back then.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by killerswan
i thought obama got assassinated. wtf.

Are you high?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
Yeah, the fact that people will discriminate against his race AND his religion, things are not going well for him. It's a shame because if he was white and christian, he would be like the "ideal" president.
He is Christian..

And ya, I guess it's a possibility, but I'm somewhat sick of these random Youtube douchebags offering their analysis on everything.

Like, who is this guy?
Does he know what he's talking about?
How do I know he's not making stuff up?

No one asks these questions on the internet.
Quote by ortrigger
of course. who would think of assassinating a former POW? thats like killing a top-notch combat pilot...

Yeah and Obama is black, and I said higher risk, not that McCain has none, all presidents do.
i was thinking about that a few days ago its not far fetched at all.i wouldnt be suprised the day he is assasinated it is a white guy=)but it could also be a black person who is very religious and obama turned away from his church that he went to for his life.
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
I guess I was wrong about his religion, I thought he was Muslim. Still though, it's sad to think that he probably is going to get assassinated. He also probably knows theres a high risk of getting assassinated if he becomes president...I wouldn't know how to act if I were in the same situation
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

Quote by AboveTheBridge

Are you high?

I thought the same thing at first glance of the title and im completely sober.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Not to sound racist but he wont even last as long as Kennedy.

I personally dont like him, he looks sneaky and he cant take critisism. But ya ALOT of people I know are betting on how long he has to live before he is assasinated.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by blackflag49
He is Christian..

And ya, I guess it's a possibility, but I'm somewhat sick of these random Youtube douchebags offering their analysis on everything.

Like, who is this guy?
Does he know what he's talking about?
How do I know he's not making stuff up?

No one asks these questions on the internet.

Who are you?
I think every president has had the potential to be assassinated. All you need is somebody motivated with access to a weapon.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by bassist_of_hell
hes not going to win, you americans dont call it "The withe house" for its paint job right?

I wasn't aware of that specific house.

I think Obama has a chance, however if history repeats itself the older white gentleman will win. Though, the republicans sucked enough to lose quite a lot of votes. I'm not sure, it will be interesting to watch.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
He's sort of like the JFK of our time, so yeah he's at higher risk. I bet he will survive though. Even among people who have a prejudice against black people, it still takes an extremist, not to mention an extremist with thorough planning and focus (which apparently are only available oversees these days - seeing how we are outsourcing production and customer service to China and India, and violence to the middle east...).

But that's not even taking into account that JFK was not only a progressive president and a catholic...but he ALSO made a ton of enemies stateside during his presidency. I think Obama will most likely not make that mistake...(at least not to the same extent, granted he has alienated a significant crowd already)
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Last edited by pyrochris at Jun 12, 2008,
Quote by daeqwon10000
Do you know how much intelligence we have as a nation? The CIA would most likely cover his ass
*resists obvious joke*
Quote by mckraf99
i hate to say that obama will for sure get assassinated but it seems almost like a given. america has not come that far. hell america wasnt ready for an irish catholic like kennedy, let alone a black president.

I agree, man. I mean, I don't want him to get assassinated, but I'm not hoping he becomes president in the first place. Personally, I'd rather not have either McCain or Obama as President. But I truly believe that he may be assassinated if he becomes President. You are so right, America is not ready for a black President. I know that's wrong, but there are too many rednecks and ****. They will find a way to show how much they hate the fact that Obama is even in the running for President. I'm not saying I want it to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, just from what I gathered in the above video, it would even be pretty easy to do it. I mean, they didn't even check everyone that attended the rally. Anyone could have brought a gun in and capped him right there. It's very possible.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Who are you?

Really off topic, but i would like to congratulate you. You are the first person i have seen on this forum that put the emphasis on the correct word in the sentence. Most people i have seen would have put it on 'who' or 'are'.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by mdawg24
I saw the title and was like, "ZOMG win!!" but it hasn't happened yet, so I'm disappointed...

That's sad.
I really doubt he will be assassinated, security for candidates that aren't currently incumbent is never the best anyways, he might be more at risk, but given the way security is now I doubt it will happen if he gets elected.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kiwi Ace
He is a Christian.

Don't you watch Fox News?!

He is CLEARLY a secret muslim!

And thats coming from Fox.

They're both fair AND balanced.

Also anyone of us could be assassinated at any single moment.

WHOA! Is that existential or what?!
Quote by jxmxaxn
Really off topic, but i would like to congratulate you. You are the first person i have seen on this forum that put the emphasis on the correct word in the sentence. Most people i have seen would have put it on 'who' or 'are'.

Thanks. CAPITALIZE YOUR 'I's.

Quote by -=Croatoan=-
Scary stuff. He will probably end up dead like most of our great leaders. Why dont the crappy presidents die???

You have no idea how someone will act in the future. Plus, we haven't gotten to elections yet, so he can't be a president right now.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
My friends and I discussed this the other day. We're basically voting for his runningmate Vs. McCain Vs. Nader.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
He is CLEARLY a secret muslim!
And thats coming from Fox.
They're both fair AND balanced.

Uhh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh........he converted to christianity 2 years before he became a part of the senate. Before that he was a devout muslim.

Sources: CNN, ABC, FOX, ect.

I for one think he isn't the RIGHT black man to become president. I don't think McCaine is the right white man to become president either. But I like McCaine 1000% better than Obama.

I liked Romney or Huckabee alot better. Huckabee was a rocker and had a good sense of humor.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox