I am currently trying to learn shine on you crazy diamond parts I-V, but there are so many parts in it where gilmour bends either a step and a half in the upper frets, or a full step in the lower frets. No matter how much i try the most i can get is a full step in the upper or a half step in the lower. Is there any specific technique he used to get that extra half step, or do i just need to keep working on my finger stregth until i can get it?
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
practice. get stronger fingers.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by deathbyawesome
I am currently trying to learn shine on you crazy diamond parts I-V, but there are so many parts in it where gilmour bends either a step and a half in the upper frets, or a full step in the lower frets. No matter how much i try the most i can get is a full step in the upper or a half step in the lower. Is there any specific technique he used to get that extra half step, or do i just need to keep working on my finger stregth until i can get it?

Wrap the thumb around the neck, use the side of the third knuckle on your pointer finger as a fulcrum and place your 345 fingers on each fret behind the note your fretting, use those as support. That way your using all of your hand strength and not just one finger's worth. I can play most all of Gilmour's stuff and I use 13's on my guitar, cause they sound better. I'm sure you can do it man, takes a little practice but you'll get there