I am looking for an amp head for around 1400 and i want it to sound like a metal core or a metal master. I was looking at a Mesa Solo 50 but am not sure, the sound of the Mesa i heard had alot of treble in it and am looking for a thick sounding, bone shaking distortion and a nice clean sound
well apparantly you want the amp to sound like piss, since you mentioned the metalcore pedal, which is pretty unconvincing, digital distortion.

However, the mesas are damn good. Go try them out though, some people dont like them.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
mesa/boogie=sex its so good
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by selkies
mesa/boogie=sex its so good

is it good for metal , it seems like more pop punk bands and lighter rock use them
i played it for a minute but i dont remeber how it sounded because i tried every tube amp in the store
Go and spend a good 20-30 minutes trying different settings/EQ. I learned the hard way, I bought a 6505 combo without really trying it out too much, I had only played the head. I returned it a week later for the head and a kickass 2x12. Just be totally sure you like it, and will continue to like it.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412