Alright , this thread isn't about PRS guitars, because we all know them to be godly. this is about the PRS SE Custom, which is the bottom of the line prs model and, obviously, isn't hand made etc.
so anyone who has one, or has played one, i'd love to hear your input on the guitar and what you think/thought of it.
Bloody amazing guitar. I had one awhile back and sold it like and idiot. I've been trying to hunt one down used lately to replace it. Anyway the SE Customs are my favorite guitars out of the SE line. Wide fat neck profile feels great. The flamed veneer can look off from model to model but the maple cap underneath the veneer is where the prize imo. Altogether its a great guitar. I prefer the trem model myself but thats all up to your tastes.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Great guitar. got a cherry sunburst one and it plays great.just that the tuners are a little dodgy
ive played it a few times at guitar shops, and absolutley love it!!!!!! i wanna get one myslef, with a trem, as soon as i save up the cash.
yeah, top TOP guitar for the cash...
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
how is the neck on them? easy to play for a beginner?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
I wouldnt recomend one to a beginner simply because of the price. I would always say to a beginner to go and buy something for around £100 because you might not stick with it and youd have wasted your cash, but if cash is not an issue, this guitar would work beautifully for a beginner...

heck its an instrument worthy of a pro.

G
just curious about it, i like the look and will have a bit of money to spend after the summer so its something i might be interested in. how easy and expensive is it to put locking tuners on it?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
depends on he tuners... if the holes are in the same place, its as easy as removing the old and installing the new, but if the holes are in a diff place youll prob want to drill it with a very fine drill bit before installing the new tuners, but you can get away with just using a bradall (sharp spickey metal point that indents wood ready to screw a self tapping screw into the indent)

locking tuners are quite expensive tho
well i wouldnt do it myself i would get a pro to do it, but the harder the job the more it would cost I think i really want something under £500 that will be versatile easy to play and last me years so im thinking the prs or the yamaha pacifica 812v just gotta save till end of summer
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
kewl.. id go for the PRS myself. A pro wont charge much for the tuners to be changed, maybe 20 or 30 quid.

good luck :-)
just got the tuners changed to locking on mine and I can abuse the whammy bar and it stays in tune
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus