So today me and my friend were bored and we started cooking stuff in his sister's easy bake oven. We made a bologna pie with nacho chips on the inside and melted a piece of cheese over it, suprisingly it didn't taste that bad. Anywho, were planning on messing around with this thing tommorow, and we thought we might try eating some mealworms (those things you buy from the petstore to feed to pet lizards, they look like grubs). We've tried live crickets before, and they tasted fine, i just want to make sure before I eat any more bugs though, that it's safe, and just to make sure its safe (and tasty) were going to cook it in that easy bake oven.

So, i guess what i'm trying to get at is, are there any health drawbacks to eating mealworms?

And yes, I am serious.
People probably eat them in China and stuff, so you're probably good. I have no idea what I'm talking about, but take my advice.
Quote by Brain245
People probably eat them in China and stuff, so you're probably good. I have no idea what I'm talking about, but take my advice.

Yeah
In China and stuff

take his advice this guy knows what he's talking about
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
I actually laughed so hard just at the fact that people in China and stuff eat lizard food
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
I'm a doctor so what I say will be 100% accurate.

It'll give you Lupus.

Quote by unknownpunkrock
I actually laughed so hard just at the fact that people in China and stuff eat lizard food

Poverty is a cruel bitch.
i used to eat them all the time actually, was on the news for it.. sautee them in garlic.

seriously, theyre great, much better than crickets, and really good for you too.
i would say if its covered in chocolate, anything can taste good.

i think mealworms are safe. grubs have nasty teeth and could possibly chew on your stomache if you dont do anything about that, but i dont really know anything about mealworms.
As far as I've heard, except for that butterfly that looks like a monarchbut isn't, you can eat any bug and be okay. High in protein!
Quote by dudius
grubs have nasty teeth and could possibly chew on your stomache if you dont do anything about that

Totally. Grubs can survive being chewed and being in stomach acid long enough to chew on your stomach. Srsly.
I've tried em before. They have a strange aftertaste, but they aren't bad.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
This is what you will be eating:

I used to breed these guys. Their guts are black, like coffee, so don't be alarmed if you have some of it dribbling down your chin. Eat them quick too, they squirm like a mother.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Why not just eat a cupcake?
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
^^yay photoshop...you made me lol all over myself
lul, Easy Bake. The Guitar Hero of the chef world. Fun, but you know you're not getting anywhere in life.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by fezrockz
Why not just eat a cupcake?

Meh, so overdone, everyones eaten easy bake cupcake, but no one has eaten Nacho Chip with Mealworm pie with a Bologna "crust"