I have no experience with them and very little experience with acoustics in general. Fender makes great electric gear. How good is their high end acoustic line-up especially compared to it's competitors? (Taylor, Martin, Larrivee, Yamaha, etc.)
Well, I personally would take any of those named over a fender acoustic, but I don't think they're that terrible.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
My Fender Sonoran sounds and plays better than anything else Ive ever played, and it was only $250. It also looks good w/ the Fender headstock on it.
Fender acoustics are pretty terrible. Fantastic electric guitars though.
Never tried one but it seems that its really only Fender fanboys who own one.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
it's not that Fenders are bad, to be honest. they're just not good. and at the end of the day, isn't that what you want? something good?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
it's not that Fenders are bad, to be honest. they're just not good. and at the end of the day, isn't that what you want? something good?

This is true. I have a ****ty acoustic guitar myself (although I've borrowed and come to know very nice ones), but it comes down to how much you play acoustic, and what level sound you think is reasonable. If you don't need something very finished and colorful, just go with a fender, because it will at least serve the purpose, and probably play fairly well.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Honestly, I didn't know Fender even made high end acoustics. I've NEVER seen one and no one talks about them in high end forums. There's probably a good reason for that.

I second what Highbinder and captivate said. The only people who really like them tend to be primarily electric players, or beginners who happen to have picked a Fender off the wall.
Not all fender acoustics are complete ****, but it does take a while to find one that truely shines... I'd look into other brands though, it's hard to find a fender that sounds good...
Not all fender acoustics are complete ****, but it does take a while to find one that truely shines... I'd look into other brands though, it's hard to find a fender that sounds good...
Quote by jburnett207
My Fender Sonoran sounds and plays better than anything else Ive ever played, and it was only $250. It also looks good w/ the Fender headstock on it.

well keep on playing buddy cause from what your saying all youve played is those wallmart acoustics and those ****ty mexican ones you buy in tijuana.
Quote by junglej25
I have no experience with them and very little experience with acoustics in general. Fender makes great electric gear. How good is their high end acoustic line-up especially compared to it's competitors? (Taylor, Martin, Larrivee, Yamaha, etc.)

If you buy a fender acoustic I'll kick your ass.. Ibanez acoustics and Fender acoustics are really just banger guitars to buy if you break your good one in my opinion. Don't waste your money unless you are just buying one of the cheaper ones.
If you want a cheaper guitar that still sounds better than the money you'll shell out for it, check the Alvarez line. Best guitars for your money.
********May Truth and Good Music Prevail!********
Quote by KSUGuy
If you want a cheaper guitar that still sounds better than the money you'll shell out for it, check the Alvarez line. Best guitars for your money.

I disagree I do not like Alvarez. Be guitars for your money arent the brands you know best like taylor and martin, they are usually smaller companies.
I disagree with your disagreement. Alvarez are extremely good value even thought they are well known. I agree that Taylor and martin aren't going to be your best value, but they still make some great guitars none the less.

Quote by the-kid44P
well keep on playing buddy cause from what your saying all youve played is those wallmart acoustics and those ****ty mexican ones you buy in tijuana.

Usually I would dignify this with a proper reply but the only thing that comes to mind is 'shutup'.
So... Shutup, thats pit talk and in no way helpful at all.
Last edited by johnos at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by silentdud
I disagree I do not like Alvarez. Be guitars for your money arent the brands you know best like taylor and martin, they are usually smaller companies.

Alvarez IMO make *fantastic* "low end" guitars. The Regent 5212 I started on was great for the price I paid, solid top, great sound and incredible projection. Still one of the loudest guitars I've ever played. I've yet to see an Alvarez thats been taken care of not sound good. The MD95 that I currently own is one of the best guitars for its price you will find, and that goes for almost all the Alvarez line.
********May Truth and Good Music Prevail!********