After much debate, I've decided, It's time for a new neck pickup.

It'll have to be a humbucker (as that is what my guitar is routed for, 2H) and I want As long as sustain as possible. I play Hard rock, metal, and a little bit of Jazz from time to time, as well as lots of alternative-rock (Wolfmother, Muse, etc.) I have a Floyd Rose (if that makes a difference.

the cheaper with a better quality the better!

I'm asking you guys, just so I don't jump into this with no knowledge of pickups what so ever.

Also, how hard is it to wire another pickup + a 3 way switch? Could a newbie to soldering do it?

-Kai

PS. sustainers are outta the question, I don't have that kind of money on m at the moment =[
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Get an EMG 81 for bridge, and if you still have the money, 85 for neck (about 250 for the set, comes with all the electronics aswel, so it shouldn't be too hard to wire up if you read the instructions properly)

Edit: Ahh, you want neck (Didn't read that part tbh), so just go with an 85, should be like $120 for just one. But I'd recomend a set)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
i've heard some good things about gfs pickups.

guitarfetish.com for the record
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
from your sig it seems you have a roland microcube and a fender frontman
so getting a cheap pickup (or any pickups) would be a bad idea.
hold off till you get a better amp then get some new pickups if youre not satisfied. and if you're going to be getting new pickups get some good ones.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Well you can't go for an EMG active pickup if your bridge pickup is a passive. Also, EMG just don't deliver nice cleans, especially if you want to dabble in Jazz. Maybe have a look at the DiMarzio PAF Pro or Semour Duncan JB neck model, both very versatile pickups.
Seymour Duncan Jazz. not just for jazz but also for heavy music. for bridge, Custom would be nice.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by RatmN'Roses
hold off till you get a better amp then get some new pickups if youre not satisfied. and if you're going to be getting new pickups get some good ones.

Bingo!
Quote by Weybl Himself
Well you can't go for an EMG active pickup if your bridge pickup is a passive. Also, EMG just don't deliver nice cleans, especially if you want to dabble in Jazz. Maybe have a look at the DiMarzio PAF Pro or Semour Duncan JB neck model, both very versatile pickups.

+1

Not remotely worth the money, unless you've actually got no neck pickup.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I say +1 to the not getting anything until you get a new amp... but if you must... DiMarzio PAF Pro owns in the neck.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by RatmN'Roses

Ah, but those are only practice amps. I have a Bass Combo amp that I use for gigging that is already all I need at the moment. Unless they have JCM800's for cheap =P

I was thinking about the Seymour Duncan JB pickup nd the PAF as well....might go with the PAF.

now...is soldering it all that hard?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Kai07
Ah, but those are only practice amps. I have a Bass Combo amp that I use for gigging that is already all I need at the moment. Unless they have JCM800's for cheap =P

I was thinking about the Seymour Duncan JB pickup nd the PAF as well....might go with the PAF.

now...is soldering it all that hard?

They can. They can Peavey VTM60s and Laney AOR 50s for around $350-400. Thats cheap for a good amp IMO.
1) youre going to play metal and jazz? with the same pickup?

2) GFS ftw

3) not that it matters a toss because pup changes only affect tone with decent (tube) amps
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.