I just posted my first recorded song on my profile, what do you think?

C4C
Durka
Last edited by VelvetFireBC491 at Jun 12, 2008,
Good but to be honest a little boring. I mean you obviously have skills but the song is a little too repetitive for my taste. At the beginning I was like"wow this sounds good" but then the intro never ended. You have to have a true defining moment for the intro to end. Maybe like a climax then short pause before you start up the song. And then with your so nicely established main rhythm, add a nice and slow lead part. I can even hear it now.

Anyway, don't take it too personally. You are really good at guitar but need some help on arranging. Good job though.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
thats funny I was thinking the exact same thing!!!!! I think Im gonna shortin the whole song and use a meteronome next time I record
Durka
sounds really original, very nice quality. I like the tone of the 1st solo. I like the clean chords in the background of it. overall very chill.
Super-serial list of equipment: guitar, amp, some picks, and a cable.

I know i can be an A55hole, however i try to mean well most of the time..
very good man. I thought is sounded good.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
critting while listening here..

I'm really liking the bass line in the intro and verse thing the synth is cool to. your clean guitar tone is a little harsh. the lead guitar needs to come up some in the mix it's kinda buried. that tone is a but Fizzy imo. your also off time in a couple places.

overall it's really good needs work though the sound quality is great though.

the bass was the shiner here though.

7/5 of ten

c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883450
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
thanks boston

P.s this all is two handed tapping guitar there is only one guitar for the whole song except for the solo
Durka
Quote by VelvetFireBC491
thanks boston

P.s this all is two handed tapping guitar there is only one guitar for the whole song except for the solo

well then it's friggin amazing

9.99999/10 lol you did a great job
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by VelvetFireBC491
thanks boston

Wow, that was only one guitar? Damn. It does need to be boosted in the mix, though. It's a great song to listen to while reading the way it is now.
Quote by imgooley
Wow, that was only one guitar? Damn. It does need to be boosted in the mix, though. It's a great song to listen to while reading the way it is now.

thanks gooley
Durka
Quote by Darwinia
what does C4C stand for?

Crit for crit. Means once you criticized one's song, he may criticize your song if you have one.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Last edited by mothership at Aug 3, 2008,
I thought that intro was bass tapping for a second.

The tapping riff is very good. Certainly not something I hear very often.

I love the analog synth sound of the solo as it's fading up, but the chord progression doesn't do it for me.

I don't know what the people who said it got boring were thinking. I think there was enough on the layers of synth sounds and whatnot to keep me interested.

This is a fantastic effort for a first recording. You have some good ideas with panning and such.
I'll link you to mine when I go back and copy the link.

EDIT: Haha, link!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=925627