Hi

I am about to buy an electric guitar. I had my eyes on the Ibanez RGR421EXFM but it is unavailable right now, so I have the option of buying an Ibanez RGR321EX.

Does anyone know what the differences between these two guitars are? Should I go in for a RGR321EX instead?

RGR421EXFM: http://www.bajaao.com/ibanez-2008-rgr421exfm-electric-guitar-p-4959.html?manufacturers_id=23

RGR321EX: http://www.bajaao.com/ibanez-2007-series-rgr321ex-electric-guitar-with-emg-pickups-p-4287.html?manufacturers_id=23

Thanks in advance,

cheers
Last edited by darkmav at Jun 14, 2008,
I will tell you as soon as Ibanez makes a more attractive naming system.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
the RGR421EXFM has a mahogany body while the RGR321EX has a basswood body....other than that...they are pretty much the same....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
well the FM stands for flamed maple thats all i know
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Ok, FM = Flamed Maple.

Whats the difference between the 321 and the 421 then?
the 321 seems to be a 2007 model while the 421 is a 2008 one.... weird naming conventions i guess....
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
Quote by AiC
the RGR421EXFM has a mahogany body while the RGR321EX has a basswood body....other than that...they are pretty much the same....

Ok, and basswood isn't good for metal, is it?

But if that is so, why call one 321 and the other 421

Would you recommend this over a 421? They're the same cost, but the 421 isn't available...
on the contrary basswood is better for metal....it is much softer lighter...mahogany is more about the looks ....
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
in the end it comes down to the playability of the two guitars and since i've never played either i can't comment on which would be better.... If you are in a hurry then go for the RGR321EX ...else wait a bit and let the 421 come in stock and then play both and compare them to see which is more comfortable to you....
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
i'm pretty certain that the 321 has a basswood body.....
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
Yeah thats a valid point too.

Btw, do you have any experience with Bajaoo.com? They seem to be the only ones having the 421, but they have no retail outlets in Delhi, so they will ship the guitar only after the whole payment has been received...plus, I don't know if the courier company will be able to ship it in one piece to Kanpur even if I were to order it
yeah i got my BOSS OS-2 from Bajaao....they are pretty good.... got it home delivered in a day or two... but then again my pedal would filt in the palm of you hands...a guitar is a bit different.... they are based out of mumbai ...and a lot of people have brought guitars from them ....so their service is fairly good.... just call them up and ask them how exactly they are gonna ship it t your location and how long would it take to get to you....if you are convinced then go ahead....
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
your welcome....
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
The number 4 and the letter M. *rimshot*

Kinda sounds like a Sesame Street ending. This guitar brought to you by the number 4 and the letter M.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by darkmav
Sent you a PM.

got it...and duly replied ....
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
I have played both and they are basicly the same. The pickups are really muddy, cool wiz 2 necks but the fret work on both were not level so they would require 150 for a plek or a luthier to level them. Please dont buy either one without playing them first or you will have headaches and kick yourself in the ass. On these level of guitars the quality from one to the next will differ alot it just happens to land on the crappy side more than the good side in this pruice range. IMHO
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X