The neck pocket would need to be the same - do you know what the size of the yamaha is?

And why do you want to swap necks?
because maple owns

How can I find measurements on everything? Google?

Edit- Says full size exterior pocket. Does that help?
Last edited by Lax333 at Jun 12, 2008,
the yamaha has a maple neck, just not a maple fretboard
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
do you own the yamaha?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
If it has a tele neck pocket and would have the same scale it should fit. But most are going to use a strat neck pocket or one of their own slightly different design. If its a strat pocket a tele neck would need to be modded to fit. And there are plenty of maple strat necks to be had.
Yeah I think I'm going to get a strat neck

Yes I own the yamaha and its actualy pretty nice I just don't like the neck.

And yes, the maple fretboard is what I want.

Also is it hard to install the string tees or whatever there called? Doesn't look to bad.
Not to be weird, but, after you get the neck, I would get some pickups for it!

But, they aren't hard to install, you just have to unscrew the old neck, and screw on the new one!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah I know how to do the neck I took it off already.

I was thinking about putting on the 59 Duncan found http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/vintage/59_model_sh1_an/

And this neck
http://img.inkfrog.com/click_enlarge1.php?image=pd_ms_frt_4.jpg&username=rh9159&aid=43364184

think they would all fit?

But yeah I want to do all this because I don't have the money to buy an $800 guitar and I don't have a problem with the yamaha body I just want a new neck, I've always loved the fender maple fretboard and love the feel of it.
Last edited by Lax333 at Jun 12, 2008,
it should tell you the measurements of the neck. Once you have them, go measure the neck pocket.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣