Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080611/ap_on_fe_st/italy_unicorn

ROME - A deer with a single horn in the center of its head — much like the fabled, mythical unicorn — has been spotted in a nature preserve in Italy, park officials said Wednesday.

"This is fantasy becoming reality," Gilberto Tozzi, director of the Center of Natural Sciences in Prato, told The Associated Press. "The unicorn has always been a mythological animal."

The 1-year-old Roe Deer — nicknamed "Unicorn" — was born in captivity in the research center's park in the Tuscan town of Prato, near Florence, Tozzi said.

He is believed to have been born with a genetic flaw; his twin has two horns.

Calling it the first time he has seen such a case, Tozzi said such anomalies among deer may have inspired the myth of the unicorn.

The unicorn, a horse-like creature with magical healing powers, has appeared in legends and stories throughout history, from ancient and medieval texts to the adventures of Harry Potter.

"This shows that even in past times, there could have been animals with this anomaly," he said by telephone. "It's not like they dreamed it up."

Single-horned deer are rare but not unheard of — but even more unusual is the central positioning of the horn, experts said.

"Generally, the horn is on one side (of the head) rather than being at the center. This looks like a complex case," said Fulvio Fraticelli, scientific director of Rome's zoo. He said the position of the horn could also be the result of a trauma early in the animal's life.

Other mammals are believed to contribute to the myth of the unicorn, including the narwhal, a whale with a long, spiraling tusk.
no wai!
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I Knew It!

Edit:
^^
I love dethklok
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
^^yay photoshop...you made me lol all over myself
Quote by fretsonfire74
I wish I had a unicorn, but a pegasus would be better.

hangliding deer? it happens
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
The 1-year-old Roe Deer — nicknamed "Unicorn" — was born in captivity in the research center's park in the Tuscan town of Prato, near Florence, Tozzi said.

Sorry, but unicorns aren't real. Roe Deer =/= Unicorn
Quote by Fat Lard

Umm ok?

People are just having a joke about it, I doubt anyone truly thinks this is a unicorn.

EDIT: Also, Unicorn is its nickname.

Just like a tall kid's nickname might be "Shorty" or something like that.
Quote by Fat Lard

I know. Thanks for detecting the sarcasm in that title.
I know, I just like to shatter dreams. If I can make just one person not believe, my work is done.
well, better take it to candy mountain.
YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE FROM THE DOOM DOOM DOOM

My Equipment:
Schecter Omen FR
Fender Frontman 25
Digitech Distortion Factory
Quote by 'Leviathan'
It seems a bit fake to me.

There's a pic of it in the link provided.
Quote by Aussieloco
There's a pic of it in the link provided.

Yeah, but to me, this seems to easily be some sort of mutation.

It's like people who are born with 6 toes/fingers, an extra head, etc. But thats just my opinion.
It's obviously a Doe, and someone thought some shenanigans would be funny.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Yeah, but to me, this seems to easily be some sort of mutation.

It's like people who are born with 6 toes/fingers, an extra head, etc. But thats just my opinion.

It is. They're just saying things like this could've inspired people to make up the unicorn.
Quote by Aussieloco
It is. They're just saying things like this could've inspired people to make up the unicorn.

Well... good doin' business with ya.
They should breed it with other one-antlered deer to make a unicorn-deer species!!!
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘