Sounds like something you'd hear playing during a movie murder scene in a mad funhouse.

This isn't my kind of thing, so keep that in mind for the remainder of my post.

First, what I liked:
The solos, especially the bass one especially.
The intro and the first guitar riff.

Now, what I didn't:
While I liked your ideas in general, I hate the way you presented them. There really wasn't much cohesion to the whole thing. No flow or direction just kind of a cacophony of noise. The fact that you made it work as well as you did with all those crazy time changes is quite impressive though.

To me this is not Metal, this is like Mathcore or something.
I ****in' loved it. The intro fit perfectly to the song. Also the bass solo, I love them.
Quote by icronic
Sounds like something you'd hear playing during a movie murder scene in a mad funhouse.

This isn't my kind of thing, so keep that in mind for the remainder of my post.

First, what I liked:
The solos, especially the bass one especially.
The intro and the first guitar riff.

Now, what I didn't:
While I liked your ideas in general, I hate the way you presented them. There really wasn't much cohesion to the whole thing. No flow or direction just kind of a cacophony of noise. The fact that you made it work as well as you did with all those crazy time changes is quite impressive though.

To me this is not Metal, this is like Mathcore or something.

+1
Agree except i did not like the intro.
The solos in this thing rule! Don't think there's enough decent bass solos around these days, so hell yes!!! Nice intro, and the riffs were all pretty solid, I'd agree with blood8815 in that it didn't strike me as flowing that well, but that's probably just down to the whole MIDI/ringtone thing, I can imagine it would sound better in real life! I'd reckon this would go down really well with a metal crowd, maybe sorta Dragonforce-meets-Slayer? Or not...

Cheers mate, and if you've got a spare sec give ours a crit? Judging from this you'll probably hate it but you obviously know a fair bit about music so if you could just give us a few pointers?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883338
Heheh, as soon as I saw who the threadstarter was, I closed Winamp and opened GP5. I can seriously never wait to hear your stuff.

I loved the main riff. It was very dissonant (in a good way). Actually, pretty much the whole song was. Hm... I couldn't really find anything bad about it, but... I think I would get bored of it quickly. Meh, still good. 8.5/10.
It was technical and well written, and I loved the solos. I dont get the feeling it was exactly supposed to flow well, so that's not an issue.

The thing is, the dissonance really got to me after a while and I just wanted it to stop. The dissonance was just too over the top. Other than that, good.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
As you said, this is really not my thing. So I can't really tell you what I like, and don't like, since I didn't really like it.

"Sounds like something you'd hear playing during a movie murder scene in a mad funhouse."

I agree to this, though. And in that sense I like it, but as a stand-alone piece I don't think I could really listen to it. I did like some of your ideas and riffs, but I'm not into too much dissonance. Sorry.
The intro sounded a bit like Autopsy, I loved it. The next riff was really dissonant, haha. I guess it was ok, not my cup of tea though (I agree with that one poster saying it sounded a bit like some mathcore). The bass solo was interesting, but it didn't really feel like it was going anywhere. I didn't like the drums at bar 83-98, hitting the cymbals twice within a bar for 15 bars is a good recipe for a headache. The solos were all pretty good and nutty sounding.
Thanks for the crit btw.