Hey all, my first post this and i have a little scenario for you.

You are a bedroom guitar player but within the next year will be looking to do small sets. You currently have a 10/15 watt amp for practising. Ok here is the fun part. You are magically given £150 or $300 (whichever currency you work use) and you have to buy an amp with it. What do you go for?
vox valvetronix 30watt. easy decision

edit: better still save for 50watt
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
3 Spider III 15 watters...haha just kidding. Depends on your style and musical tastes. What kinda stuff do you play?
Thanks for the quick replies, i like to play offspring, green day kind of stuff.
I'd probably go with the Valvetronix like the other guy said, or a Roland Cube 30x
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Jun 12, 2008,
Another person saying Valvetronix here. Especially since you live in the UK (Vox is cheaper in the UK, right?)
Save another £50 and get a Laney VC15. I reckon that would be a better choice in the long run.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Is there much of a difference between the ad30vt and the ad30vt-xl which is around £40 more expensive?

The reason im looking for a new amp is that i have a Marshall mg15cd and im not that happy with the performance of it
Quote by ASillars
Is there much of a difference between the ad30vt and the ad30vt-xl which is around £40 more expensive?

The reason im looking for a new amp is that i have a Marshall mg15cd and im not that happy with the performance of it

The XL has different models, and higher gain. I've never tried one, so I can't tell you more than that.

The Valvetronix is a very good amp for what it is ( a solid state modeling amp). It has more warmth than the cube, which sounds cold and sterile to me.