I don't know If there were any threads about getting his tone, but I couldn't find his setting in the "Amp Settings Thread" nor could I find it anywhere else. I know Eric Johnson is a huge tone-fanatic, and I was wondering how I can get close to his sound. I'm not trying to copy it, It's just for future reference, in case I jam along to Desert Rose or Cliffs of Dover anytime in the Future. Any suggestions or hints to help me get his tone?

EDIT: I guess I won't be able to get the crisp-single coil tone with my SG and all, but maybe some amp settings would be nice.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Funnily enough you'd be surprised that Cliffs of Dover was actually recorded with a Gibson ES-335 with humbuckers, not a Strat that he commonly uses on stage.
To be honest I think most of Eric Johnson's 'sound' comes from his fluid fingering and unorthodox technique. It's pretty much his signature - every note he plays is precise and bang on timing and does not play sloppy at all. To even try and emulate would be a huge uphill task.
what do you mean by unorithidox technique
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
i know that eric johnson biamps his guitars he uses marshall plexis for his dirty sound and a fender of some description for his cleans but that's about all i know
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Varkunus
what do you mean by unorithidox technique

Well i know from his DVD he has his own stuff going on, like 'bounce technique', where he picks the underside of the string (from the pickup upwards), also he uses the rounded edge of a pick, where most guitarists use the sharp side. Using the rounded end, really helps make it sounds smooth, there's not a lot of excess string noise so it must help him get his violin like tone. These are the kinds of things i like to use when (trying to) play his songs.
His vibrato and his picking technique sound crazy through the ****tiest of ****. I remember seeing a video where he was using an overdriven tube amp and running a fuzz face through it though.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
I ahve a question for you Antimage. Why'd you bump a 6 month old threaD?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by wolfy808
I ahve a question for you Antimage. Why'd you bump a 6 month old threaD?

Lol oops, I was using the search bar and forgot about it.
27mMoV31II7.a2