I'm in a band at the moment and i'm starting another one soon so I have high hopes for the future. I figured many other people will to so I wanted to ask something i've been thinking about recently.
If you were famous for your guitar/bass playing and you were offered a chance to make your own instrument or effect what would you make?
I was thinking about making my own bass envelope filter and started thinking about the features it would have if a pedal manufacturer offered me the chance. So what would members of the pit make if any guitar/bass/effects manufacturer gave you the chance? (other examples would be Slashs Gibson line or James LoMenzos distortion pedal etc.)
sig black on black jazz bass, an affordable but decent squier model and a good fender
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
My own Washburn line Those guitars kick ass.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

I actually agree with you aaciseric, I'd probably try and make a decent, practical bass envelope / synth pedal, preferably with EH

Either that or a bass with a built in kaoss pad, à la matt bellamy.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
I would make a noise box
with all the ****ed up effects you can think of, analog, with a lot of knobs, non of them labeled properly
Quote by Cheesepuff
I'd invent a frequency that gives an orgasm to anybody listening.

You can't invent a frequency
I'd go for a custom Gibson V with black and white graffiti-style graphics.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Slushy Machine

I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
my own line of amps.....not sure which one....and either a dean or a jackson signiture guitar....probably dean..they kick ass
A stringless guitar.

Touch sensitive pads in between the frets (similar to iPod wheel thing / Creative scroll thing), obviously marked where the stinrgs would be.

6 lasers starting from the "bridge" and ending at the bottom end of the neck, so picking could be detected.

The device would have various pressure points on it to instigate things such as pinch harmonics / palm muting etc...

It would have an in built memory bank, holding samples of every note on a given guitar in several different tunings. You could change the tuning via a small touch screen on the body.

It would also have a wireless transmitter built in to it.

Batteries would not be included.
Quote by Ichimaru

maybe you humans can't...
Quote by saphrax
A stringless guitar.

Touch sensitive pads in between the frets (similar to iPod wheel thing / Creative scroll thing), obviously marked where the stinrgs would be.

6 lasers starting from the "bridge" and ending at the bottom end of the neck, so picking could be detected.

The device would have various pressure points on it to instigate things such as pinch harmonics / palm muting etc...

It would have an in built memory bank, holding samples of every note on a given guitar in several different tunings. You could change the tuning via a small touch screen on the body.

Wow, that is epic.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by Ichimaru

In the future, anything is possible. Theres that one ****ting frequency already, who's to say theres no jizz frequency?
signature wig

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by saphrax
A stringless guitar.

sounds good, but picking would feel fvcking weird..
i'd want something to feel the pick touching.
AND it would make muting nigh on impossible.
still awesome though
Quote by Carljenk
**** everyone who died

Quote by whatadrag
necrophiliac
Quote by ButtholeZombie
I'd make instrucional videos on how to whammy without a whammy bar.

I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by NegativeRespons
sounds good, but picking would feel fvcking weird..
i'd want something to feel the pick touching.
AND it would make muting nigh on impossible.
still awesome though

Muting could be programmed in to it. for example, if all lasers are cut for more than 0.1 seconds, then mute.

You're right about the picking, but it would be interesting!
Custom guitar with Kaoss pad built in and two different distortion pedals - bluesy overdrive sound and heavy, buzzing distortion.

Custom bass with Koass pad built in and a distortion/fuzz pedal.

EDIT: In case you haven't guessed, I'm a big fan of Muse.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I'd tell 'em to shove it but give me endorsee money anyway.
Then I'd fund a 1961 sunburst Fender strat and continue in a Rory Gallagher tribute band.