Should I get the Dean Razorback V?
The Dean Razorback DB?
Or a Jackson King V?
I have only had peice of **** guitars so I don't really know what i like about feel, pickups, or practically anything!
any help please?
Dean! Not to keen on Jacksons maself, but the Razorbacks are nice Besides, The King V is Horrible!
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Which Jackson V? KVX10?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
dean!!!!!!!!!!!!

defiantely go the dean....
ive got the db..great value for money.and plays effin amazing!!!
and its a cheaper form of dean....so i cant imagine what the v would be like......but yer dean

db's are awesome
I would personally choose the Jackson.
Quote by 666-JoE-666
The King V is Horrible!

Yeah I'm really sure the KV2 King V is horrible. I mean, it's made in the USA and it costs 2500 $, it HAS to be horrible
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Jun 12, 2008,
Im guessing you play metal with the two guitars mentioned? well if you doo try out an ibanez there much better value for money but tbh i cant stand either the dean or the jackson the both suck IMO.
Quote by 666-JoE-666
Dean! Not to keen on Jacksons maself, but the Razorbacks are nice Besides, The King V is Horrible!

Wow, choosing a Razorback over the "horrible" King V. You must be like 12 or something. A King V would hands down rape a Razorback in all aspects.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by fatboythin at Jun 12, 2008,
If the topicstarter would be so kind to tell us which model of the king V he's considdering, we would be able to post usefull comments.

Eventhough i'd have to agree on Jackson raping dean.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I prefer Jackson a whole lot more and don't trust Dean's, I don't like either guitars you have chosen though so I'm just going on brand here...
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
get the dean razorback explosion!!! now!
dont ****in listen to this pieces of ****, im getting mine in an hour!
As far as I have heard Jackson makes more quality guitars.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Quote by deanexplosion99

And again you advise things you dont know anything about...
Just holding a guitar in GuitarCenter doesnt mean you know it.
You havent got the Razorback, and i would bet alot of money that you havent played a Jackson yet, especially not the King V.

Its not because YOU own a guitar (and technically you dont even own it yet) that its the best guitar in the world. Bare that in mind please. Im pretty sick of reading OMG DEAN RAZORBACK IS THA ****, GET IT NOW, ITS DA BEST AXE IN DA WORLD!!!!!!!!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by deanexplosion99

and.... ITS a lefty congratulations!!!
^
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^^now on topic... THe razorback has a LFR and only one brand pickup whereas the KV is made in the USA with a OFR and neckthrough contstruction. Besides jackson has thiner necks.
the dean has a 24.75 vs jackson 25.5 which=metal
i hate dean. they are exploiting dimebag way to much. go with jackson.
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
Quote by deanexplosion99
Shut up kid, you don't know what you're talking about. Have fun with the lefty version you got.

Jackson is better.
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
once u play a KV u cant go back to any other guitar.... they really ****ty compared to the kv
Quote by The Lesser Paul
Shut up kid, you don't know what you're talking about. Have fun with the lefty version you got.

Jackson is better.

i agree now after the annoying thing that happened.
Quote by deanexplosion99
i agree now after the annoying thing that happened.

You agree with him that a guitar sounds and plays better after never having played either, but recieving the wrong guitar from a retail store, not the manufacturer?

Your logic seems a teensy bit flawed.
i dont like the radical shapes...but i would moss deff go made in usa over anything...deans razorbacks arent usa are they?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Yes the KVX10.
I just heard they make so better guitars.
But I've noticed that Dean players went from Jackson to Dean.
I just want pros and cons please thank you.
PS I noticed the KVX10 accessed fret only to the 18th fret. I want to be able to every last fret. Is it easier then it looks to hit those notes?
Quote by deanexplosion99

Agreed, save up and buy a "real Razorback".
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Well I was gonna get a dean v Dave Mustaine VMNT 1 signature but it doesn't have a wammy bar.
I'd really like one.
So if you have ANY other suggestions for metal looking and good playing guitars with tremolo bars that'd be highly appreciated
these are all subjective so.. go try it yourself

looks- razorback
feel- i say jackson
tone- jackson
sustain- razorback
quality- jackson

razorback v is a ****ty version of the razorback. KV WINS
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by jigy-i-joe
Agreed, save up and buy a "real Razorback".

Crap forgot to look at the user i quoted. Now I look like a twat.

you should seriously just GTFO. Your probably 9.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Well I've played quite a few of the midrange deans and jacksons. And missing out all the minor details the one thing I'd say is that the deans felt more like and old style guitar, with the chunkier neck and shorter scale lengh ext, whilst the jacksons have thinner necks and longer scale lenghs. I found personally that I could play stuff on the jacksons more effortlessley

Try out all the guitars, I'm a jackson guy personally, but you may prefer deans. Don't listen to all the fanboys prasing one guitar and bashing the other, to find the right guitar yourself you need to get hands on with it yourself
if im thinking correctly, maybe i have no idea, but last time i was at GC, im pretty sure i played a King V and i was only partly satisfied with it. i like v's, i love the extreme body style. however, the placement of the output jack was so...in the way if you sit down and play. its just inconvenient.

the dean razorback is just awkward all together if you play more traditional style axes. however, i love deans just because they look so metal hahaha. i dont think i would ever buy one though.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Topicstarter:
If you want a metallish guitarshape that is very good for a good price, take a look at the Jackson KE3. This might be what youre searching for. You have one for 699$:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-KE3-Kelly-Electric-Guitar?sku=511669

And about the upper fret access: Yes the KV10's neck joint starts at fret 18, but that doesnt mean you cant access the upper frets. In fact, the V shape just grants you a great upper fret access.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jun 13, 2008,
Jackson. don't like deans that much, the quality seems to lack, way over priced too and just not as nice to play as Jacksons imo
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by toolfan88
i hate dean. they are exploiting dimebag way to much. go with jackson.

Not really, If you look they are just making remakes of his old washburns although they ****ed up with the dixie rebel I love the washburn.

but you really have to try it before you buy it so you know what you are getting, unlike our friend RZRBCKexplosin. I made the mistake once of not trying my razorback in the store and had my dad pick it up even though I could return it I loved it so much. the tone, the feel and the sexissity It has, and I could have easily got a lemon so In the long run try the stuff out before you buy and I mean test the mofo.

Good luck with your search