When I was playing my guitar earlier, an loud crack came from the amp and then a constant low buzz, and my guitar become inaudible over it. At first I thought it was the amp, but I've ran my other guitar through the same amp (same cable) and it works fine.

This means it's probably a wiring problem in my guitar, because the buzzing stops when I touch the outside of the input socket or the connector on the cable. Is this the problem or could it be something else? Also, to fix the guitar's wiring would it be a better idea to take it to a repairman or could I fix it myself? Thanks in advance.

The guitar is an Epiphone Firebird Studio and it's only about four months old if that helps.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
bad grounding. take it to a tech.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
It's a simple fix if you know how to solder. Just remove the input jack plate and the jack, find which wire is off, resolder it and put it back together. These things happen when people don't keep the input jack nut tight. Every time you plug the guitar in, it tends to loosen the nut a little bit, until it's sloppy enough that the jack can turn and twist, then the wires snap off. Quick fix: nail polish on the threads of the jack, then screw down the nut nice and tight. The nail polish will act like threadlocker and keep it tight, but it can still be taken apart at a later date for repairs/removal.
Thanks for your help.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT