thats a dude

also: possibly distortion, possibly even more chorus

doublealso: this should be in GGnA
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I didn't really pick up much difference in tone so i'd put my money on a Compression/sustainer, or possibly a very light OD.
frusciante uses boss distortion, but it`s obvious he has some kind of modifications in it,
just like the most pros do.
It's distortion. You can hear it when he kicks it in and the chordy part is still ringin. Since the guy seems to be a Frusciante nut it's prolly a ds1
Quote by MAYNARD
It's distortion. You can hear it when he kicks it in and the chordy part is still ringin. Since the guy seems to be a Frusciante nut it's prolly a ds1

Chorus would still ring like that bro, prolly more so than distortion pedal. When he kicks that pedal in it sounds like two guitars (like the real song) so my guess Chorus.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 12, 2008,
I think that its chorus also. He has a video with his rig, although he says it is old it was probably used in that video. I'd say its just a little bit of the DS-1 and the Boss Super Chorus.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0u_tMeL9lhM
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Chorus would still ring like that bro, prolly more so than distortion pedal. When he kicks that pedal in it sounds like two guitars (like the real song) so my guess Chorus.

I don't think it would ring like it does in the vid, unless the chorus was on an extreme setting.

That being said, you get a similar that function out of a chorus or distortion pedal. The guy is basically using it to thicken his lead line.