Page 1 of 2
I saw a vid on youtube ages ago, some guy was teaching something but he didnt have his guitar plugged in when he was shredding, sounded crap
I have a DVD of Yngwie where he shreds with an acoustic.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Zakk Wylde sometimes does acoustic shred... Takillya I think it's called. Don't quote me on that though.

Ha ha quoted.
but,
Classical is where its at. Some of that **** is insane.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Zakk Wylde sometimes does acoustic shred... Takillya I think it's called. Don't quote me on that though.

Also look up TAZ. Or ANDOTAZ. It's one of the two. Starts off with my favourite chord!

E something or another....

I'm a guitarist, not a musician, therefore I don't know theory...
classical is where it's at(I got two turn tables and a microphone a cookie for whoever gets that) look at guys like paco de lucia for some hints... that and tim reynolds hes pretty cool as well
Quote by szekelymihai
Have you ever seen a clip where somebody was shredding with a clean sound?Or on a acoustic guitar?
I know it wouldn't sound too good but it's a must to can do it also this way, don't you agree?

This is a pretty stupid comment to make if it seems that you've never seen or heard someone shred with a clean tone...
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by iSlash
This is a pretty stupid comment to make if it seems that you've never seen or heard someone shred with a clean tone...

I don't think it's stupid, especially in todays environment where everything is overproduced so much.

On-topic, Yngwie did some shred on a classical guitar on one of the G3 dvd's, John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess did "An Evening with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess" which is full of it, you can basically search youtube for "classical guitar virtuoso" and get a bunch of results.
Other than that, Eric Johnson does plenty of clean shredding, Paul Gilbert did a bit on his last album, Satriani does a fair bit of soloing with light distortion or reverb.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by saphrax

Can someone actually clarify what that is...? Bmaj7sus4 or an Eminaddb5?

Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by szekelymihai
Have you ever seen a clip where somebody was shredding with a clean sound?Or on a acoustic guitar?
I know it wouldn't sound too good but it's a must to can do it also this way, don't you agree?

Wouldn't sound too good? That's rubbish, there are clean tones you can shred with.

Quote by denizenz
John Petrucci - Pretty much everything on the "An Evening With John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess" CD.

I've wanted that cd for ages!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Bmaj7sus4/E I think
Sounds right.

Thanks
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

A good buddy of mine, Tim Sturgis, can shred like a fiend on a clean channel. Most of it is blues influenced... dare I say it, sounds like SRV just picked up a guitar.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
damn... that vid of zakk going at it on the acoustic is pretty crazy. I hope to be able to play like that one day... hehe
my dad was watchin this show one time and there was this classical guitarist who was f'kin ripping. he was fingerpicking a solo that was like fast as a mother and i was like woah!!!

point of the story is its possible, and there are soem classical guitarists out there who are pretty badass.
look up Tommy Emmanuel
probs one of the best acoustic guitarists in the universseeee

his live stuff is best, he like all of a sudden goes insane and starts shredding in the middle of a blues song or something random and it works.
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Quote by saphrax
Also look up TAZ. Or ANDOTAZ. It's one of the two. Starts off with my favourite chord!

I'm a guitarist, not a musician, therefore I don't know theory...

Cry For Eternity by DragonForce has some clean shredding, i think it sounds pretty cool
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
3 E's for edward-paul gilbert
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by saphrax
You ****ing legend. I've been trying to remember this guys name for ages!

Can't be too hard, everyone seems to not be able to shut up about him...
My God, it's full of stars!
malmsteen on g3, its just basically the same as he normally plays, except on an acoustic he does a solo... like he normally does.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
What he does on that nylon string is absolutely disgusting :\
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

zakk wylde cant shred he is what we call a dildos,
yngwie shreds an acoustic look it up on youtube its just acoustic solo

For Memories I'll Forget Tomorrow
Quote by szekelymihai

???

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Try Jazz musicians
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

People were "shredding" before electric guitars.

Anyway type "Mediterranean Sundance" into youtube, its one of my favorite songs for guitar and John McLaughlin is my favorite guitarist.
Quote by skwisgaar5051
zakk wylde cant shred he is what we call a dildos,
yngwie shreds an acoustic look it up on youtube its just acoustic solo

you bumped a month and a half old thread to bash a guitarist?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Page 1 of 2