i mean to MCR in the song WELCOME TO THE BLACK PARADE....
yes yes i know everybody here hates them and they are emo and stuff,
but damnn they play the verse really fast, i just cant do it baaaaaa.
any advice how to improve my P.M speed?
"sayyy "Vandelay Industries " sayyy " Vandelay Industries" -george-

Haaappyyy Festivus.
Are u seriously saying an Emo band has crazy skillz?....
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
i assume that you've been playing for at least 3 years.

and yet you can't palm mute quickly?

the only way to improve is to practice.

try and see how little pressure you can get away with while doing palm muting. That's the only reason I can see you having a problem, that you're pressing too hard and making it too hard for yourself to pick/strum.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
im sorry but theres no way a band as awfully, disgracefully **** as MCR can write or play anything that could challenge even a three year old who has never played guitar before

MCR are the ****test band ever to disgrace this planet, and actually deserve to drown in a sea of animal semen
Just practice a lot.

Are you doing all downstrokes or upstrokes as well?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Lol, MCR haz mad skillz yo, huh?

If you think that's fast don't listen to metal, you may have a seizure.
Quote by dave_metal
im sorry but theres no way a band as awfully, disgracefully **** as MCR can write or play anything that could challenge even a three year old who has never played guitar before

MCR are the ****test band ever to disgrace this planet, and actually deserve to drown in a sea of animal semen

Wow, you're cool.

Evidently you've never really listened to an MCR song. Look up Dead!. It's not impossibly hard, but I'm pretty sure a 3 year old would have a tough time with it.

I'm guessing their guitarists are better than you are, somehow.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
practice palm muting 16th notes with a metronome. just start at a moderate speed and crank it up a bit every day. this works a whole lot better then juts sitting down and trying to move your hand up and down as fast as you can. although, like mentioned above, wanking does help lol
Quote by Lemoninfluence
i assume that you've been playing for at least 3 years.

and yet you can't palm mute quickly?

the only way to improve is to practice.

try and see how little pressure you can get away with while doing palm muting. That's the only reason I can see you having a problem, that you're pressing too hard and making it too hard for yourself to pick/strum.

do you use alternet picking in pulm mute?, beacue if i do an upstroke i can only play the "bass root" of the power chord, only one string.

Haaappyyy Festivus.
Quote by saphrax
TS: Try playing along to Metallica's Master of Puppets.

It's known for it's difficult palm muted downpicking sections. It'll do you a world of good!

Yeah, do the main "spider" riff with only downstrokes.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
well i'm a lefty and play with my right hand...soo maybe that the reason i have trouble with speed...

Haaappyyy Festivus.
Quote by slash_chord
well i'm a lefty and play with my right hand...soo maybe theat the reason i have trouble with speed...

Depends. Have you always played guitar that way? I have a friend who's a lefty and has never touched a left-handed guitar. He has no problems. If you've just switched though, I'd imagine the transition might be difficult.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by slash_chord
do you use alternet picking in pulm mute?, beacue if i do an upstroke i can only play the "bass root" of the power chord, only one string.

then practice doing the whole powerchord on upstrokes.

I know this song's played with all downstrokes but you should really be able to do upstrokes aswell. It'll only hold you back otherwise.

as for this song I can only advise you to practice it over and over and over until you can get it to that speed. If you've got guitar pro you could use the speed trainer thing to slow it down slightly and play along to a tempo at which you can play accurately.

then once you have it down at that speed, increase the tempo slightly until you can do it at full speed.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by dave_metal

From now on, I'll call you Mr. Bandwagon.

MCR hate, avatar changed to a Grundy tribute even though he's pulled through? Jesus. Think for yourself sometimes.
one of my friends pylons on his farm got struck once, knocked out power to my town, exploded teh pylon and the cow that was standing next to it!
Quote by dave_metal

you, my friend, are a genuine motherfukking poser
Quote by polargimp
one of my friends pylons on his farm got struck once, knocked out power to my town, exploded teh pylon and the cow that was standing next to it!

OK, you're wanting to put this in the house struck by lightning thread, not this one
Quote by polargimp

I totally replied in teh wrong thread. feel like an idiot now
Quote by Captain Insano
Thinner pick, alternate.

yup, that's a good suggestion. just practice mate.

thread reported because of flaming.
If you're having a lot of trouble, do what I do. Sorta rake the strings with your pic in an alternate motion. You can go really fast that way. I'm not sure if this is the correct way, But it sounds really punk when you do th at aswell.
Quote by break-me-in
Wow, you're cool.

Evidently you've never really listened to an MCR song. Look up Dead!. It's not impossibly hard, but I'm pretty sure a 3 year old would have a tough time with it.

I'm guessing their guitarists are better than you are, somehow.

+42
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.