Hey guys,

Well I dont post in this forum often as I tend to stay in MT, but I have ventured out to seek help with my amp...

Its a Traynor YCV40T (40 watt tube) and whenever I play a low A, something inside buzzes really loud. And obviously the louder I play the louder the buzz. It doesnt buzz at Ab or Bb, so it must be related to the frequency. The question is how can I get rid of this buzz? What do I have to play around with?

If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Last edited by justin_fraser at Jun 12, 2008,
It's called resonance and it's natural.

EDIT: Something inside the amp vibrates in the same frequency as your A on your guitar.
Quote by Matsols

EDIT: Something inside the amp vibrates in the same frequency as your A on your guitar.

Ya dude, I already said that twice in my original post. The question is how can I fix this. Like what would it be?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Raise the bridge? Someone once dropped a trashcan on my Epiphone Les Paul and it started buzzing, but that was because the strings were too close to the neck after being hit.

Raising the bridge helped, try changing your strings it might be a dead string.
Pinch Harmonics are all about luck. The more you practice them, the luckier you get.
No no no. Its not a string, its the amp guys. Whenever I play a low A, something inside the amp buzzes quite loud and I want to know what it could be. Besides, I change my strings all the time.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

Screaming Help
Well its late now and some of the regulars have to be on. Anyone have any ideas?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

Screaming Help
Check your bolts on your speaker(s). It could be loose from vibrations. Or look for anything loose. Play the A chord and look, or have someone look for you.

Also, do you have 12AX7's? Sorry bad joke.
Quote by justin_fraser
Well its late now and some of the regulars have to be on. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't have an answer for you but has it always happened or is it recent?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by leondb
Check your bolts on your speaker(s). It could be loose from vibrations. Or look for anything loose. Play the A chord and look, or have someone look for you.

Also, do you have 12AX7's? Sorry bad joke.

I have looked around, as tough as it is, and havent seen anything.

Quote by aznrockerdude
I don't have an answer for you but has it always happened or is it recent?

Ever since I bought the amp. I bought it used (although in great condition), but its always done that with the A.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

Screaming Help
Something is probably loose. Oh yeah, what about your speaker. What kind of condition is it in? Could possibly be blown. Happened to me a few times with my previous car audio subwoofers. Also, see if there's any tears on your cone, or surround. I can't think of anything else. A good bet would be to take it to a local repair shop and have them diagnose it. They usually won't charge you until they repair it.
It could be that one of the tubes wiggled its way out alittle.
The same thing happened to my AC30.

When i turned up the bass, and played alittle loud it would buzz.

All i did was re-seat the tubes.