So I have a bunch of instrumental songs, and lots of lyrics. The only problem is that when I try to put them together, the lyrics always follow the guitar part exactly and it comes out really cheezy sounding. How can I find a melody for the lyrics that fits with the guitar part without sounding the same?
You can change something before the chorus, one chord for example or two..you can play them differently (string by string or just pick bass strings if you play by yourself...) I dunno...you can prolong some tones in verse or something like that..change something, change some tones but in the way they're still fitting with the tones you're singing - use the similar chords of your primary chords or use another octave of tones you're playing/singing...
maybe this will help a bit...
Kiss me once again
Don't you never never say that we're through
Cause I ain't never
Never
Never no no
Loved a girl the way that I
I love you
What I would do is try to find the key of each instrumental. After that I would think of a melody that would be catchy for that key (keeping some of the song in mind of course). If the melody fits the song, try to find lyrics that will match the melody. And then of course you can also change some chords here and there like what the guy above me said.

Good luck,
Gonzo
try to think of the lyrics or guitar as an extension of each other, instead of force-fitting the two.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Gonzo6SGrocks
like what the guy above me said.

like what the girl above you said
Kiss me once again
Don't you never never say that we're through
Cause I ain't never
Never
Never no no
Loved a girl the way that I
I love you