So i've just order the EMU 0202 USB and can't wait to do some recording when it arrives! Already have a mic stand and shure sm58 so hopefully it'll be a case of plug in and go.

I have one question, im currently using my realtek 7.1 HD onboard sound for my speakers at the moment. Will I have to disable this and plug them into the new interface and use that as my new sound card, even just to play music on my computer? or can I use the interface for recording, and the onboard sound for play back? someone told me they might conflict?

The reason im asking is that my 5.1 surround sound speaker system has 3x 3.5mm jacks (1x front, 1x rear, 1x c/sub) and the interface has a 1/4" L and 1/4" R and 1x 3.5mm stereo. So I'll need to get some king of 3x3.5mm to 1x3.5mm adapter and can't find one!

thanks!
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Alright there dude,

So when u plug the interface in, it will act as your sound card. So really you need to plug your speakers into it. I would imagine it will over-ride the realtek stuff so just forget about that when you are using the EMU.

Also, look on ebay or whatever for the adapter...it shouldn't be hard to find..and cheap too...
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset