yes. in my opinion, they are very nice pickups.
if you're looking for really super punchy pickups, they're not your friend.
otherwise, they are great.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Bartolini pickups, in my opinion, are the cleanest, smoothest sounding pickups you can get. However, humanity is right. They don't have much punch (it kind of comes with the super clean sound).

I personally love Bartolini, but since you're playing a dean Demonator, I'm guessing you're not looking for that sound. You might want to try Lindy Franlin pickups, they have crazy amounts of punch. Or Nordstroms, which also have a large amount of punch to them.
^ nordstroms? like the store?
*raises eyebrow*
are they ten dollars cheaper on Labor Day?
and do they come in mauve?
*looks at silent audience, commences sobbing*
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
*raises eyebrow*

*crickets stop chirping*

What kind of music will you be playing? I assume metal, but want to make sure. If this is the case, consider EMGs. I've never really played metal beyond Maiden or Metallica on my Schecter, but that is apparently what they are known for.
Quote by the humanity
*raises eyebrow*

You are such a Southern Cal mall rat, lol. Though, I have to admit, every time I see that brand come up in bass forum discussion, I think the same thing.
i put bartolinis on my mexican jazz bass and it was a great upgrade.
if you were looking for a more punchier sound i suggest getting dimarzios tho
Gear
----------
2003 MIM Jazz Bass w/ Bartolinis and a BAII bridge
2005 Ibanez GSR200
Peavey TNT 115 200 watt bass amplifier
Morley Bass Wah Pedal
Quote by anarkee

You are such a Southern Cal mall rat, lol. Though, I have to admit, every time I see that brand come up in bass forum discussion, I think the same thing.

The pickup company is actually Nordstrand not Nordstrom. So...yeah.
Bortolini's are top of the line, and I have never seen someone dissatisfied with one. I may be adding a pickup to my 4-string soon and Bartolini is the #1 choice right now, with EMG and Bassline hot on its tail.
I tried the six string ibanez sound gear with them at GC through a fender 2x10 combo and i really liked the sound. Yes it seems they do lack punch, but they make up for it in crystal clarity.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.