First off, I can only seem to achieve good sounds on my Fender Blues Jr. and my LP by crankin it pretty loud and I'm just wondering if it is possible to record in a studio at these volumes or how people do this?

Secondly, anyone know what kind of rig Coldplay's guitarist is using or have ideas on how to get some of his sounds? I really dig a lot of his sounds. Thanks guys.
Hmm... I would say about £10,000's worth of effects pedals and several days of mixing in answer to your second question.
Haha thanks ackack. I like his sounds on the new album better, things like "Yes" and "Violet Hill" but if you guys don't have that then something like "God Put a Smile On Your Face"?
I think John Buckland uses Fender Hot Rod amps with his 72' Thinline Tele. Most of his sound is through his pedal board setup.....but his Line 6 delay and ProCo Vintage Rat pedal are used in most songs. Check out this site for some of his setup:

http://thebucklandreligion.tk/
if u want to record at high volumes in studio then u don't usually record directly from a mic in front of the amp. when i recorded i used the line out input and sent the signal straight to the mixer. i heard what i was playing through a headset. this way u can really crank the amp without having to deal with microphone or speaker distorsion. i think the blues jr has a lineout input,in my amp it's the input that connects the amp to the speaker, all u have to do is unplug ur speaker and send the signal to the recording mixer.
Damn, that is a beautiful guitar, I've never seen one of those. And thanks for the help too bestscorer, I don't know if it has a lineout, i've never used it, but it may be in the back and i just havn't checked.
Quote by bestscorer
if u want to record at high volumes in studio then u don't usually record directly from a mic in front of the amp. when i recorded i used the line out input and sent the signal straight to the mixer. i heard what i was playing through a headset. this way u can really crank the amp without having to deal with microphone or speaker distorsion. i think the blues jr has a lineout input,in my amp it's the input that connects the amp to the speaker, all u have to do is unplug ur speaker and send the signal to the recording mixer.

You should always use your amp with a speaker plugged in or say goodbye to your transformer.
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
You should always use your amp with a speaker plugged in or say goodbye to your transformer.

oh...oops? i don't have a speaker and am not sure what a transformer is haha.
Quote by HomerG
oh...oops? i don't have a speaker and am not sure what a transformer is haha.

The blues junior is a combo so it has a speaker inside. If you didn't you wouldn't get any sound.
oh right, i thought he meant like an external one or something...
Quote by HomerG
So its bad to do what that guy just said?

If your amp has a line out, then you can use it to connect into a mixer. However, you are going to lose some of your sound/tone because a lot of that comes from the speaker.

As for disconnecting the speaker and running it to the mixer, I believe that this is a bad idea...won't it be a powered feed instead of a line-level feed and be too much for the mixer?

The best way to record would be to use your amp like you normally do and put a mic in front of it.
You do not want to disconnect the speaker...not from a combo amp anyway.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08