Guys,

I am trying to choose between these 2 guitars for a gift for my son. Both guitars are a few years old but my buddy has never played either one very much (he bought an American Fat Strat right after he bought these 2) so both are in mint condition. He's going to let me purchase one or the other for $300 dollars. I'm kinda leaning towards the ESP as it doesn't have the Floyde Rose locking tremalo and would be a alot less hassel when changing the strings. My son isn't really into using a whammy bar anyway and more or less just like playing rythme.

Would it be stupid to purchase the ESP over the Jackson? Wich guitar is more valuble? I'm thinking the Jackson is but again that's why I'm here asking. I can't seem to find much info on the web about these 2 guitars thus the reason for my post.
Any input would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.

PS: I've played both guitars extensively and I actually prefer the ESP due to it having really nice low action on the fret.
id say go with jackson because later on he will get bored with rhythm and want to do lead stuff
and the jackson could just be set up and it would have just as good of action
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
wow... 300$ for a Fusion pro?

Get it! NOW!
Its by far the best guitar of those two! Im not kidding. Fusions sometimes go on ebay for +1000$, some rare ones even for 2000+
It seems to me that the Jackson just needs a setup.
If you dont buy it, PM me, ill buy it immediately!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jun 12, 2008,
LOL, ok guys are really appriciate the feedback. I'll prolly go with the Jackson. Good point about him getting bored with the ESP. Thanks again...
hey dude... fusions dont go for 1000... forget 2000.... they do go abt 500... so 300 is good... im in real need of a new guitar, and i dont like esps... so is it possible to let me have the jackson? my budget was 450... and i saw a fusion on ebay the went for 475... so i couldnt get it.... plz??
Fusion and don't look back. And if you want, you can always block the floyd so he won't have to worry about it.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by jayeshrc
hey dude... fusions dont go for 1000... forget 2000.... they do go abt 500... so 300 is good... im in real need of a new guitar, and i dont like esps... so is it possible to let me have the jackson? my budget was 450... and i saw a fusion on ebay the went for 475... so i couldnt get it.... plz??

Jay, I'm going to get the Jackson more than likely. Are these guitars worth about the same as far as pricing? Looks like the Jackson may be abit more expensive.

Jackson- $500?
ESP-$300-400?
i dono abt the esp... depends which model... if they're closely priced, can i have the jackson??

ive reallly been lookin for a pro jackson thats low priced... one dinky reverse slipped putta my hands recently on ebay (long story)... and im pretty desperate now......
LTD<200 = bad value. Awful body wood, meh pups.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)