this sucks soo bad i hate choosing a guitar when money is a issue

i saw a ibanez icx200 i really liked on ebay for $180 http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-ICT200-Black-Iceman-Solid-Body-Guitar-ICT-200_W0QQitemZ170226795321QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and i looked at rondo music and saw a sexy les paul al-2000 http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000blackflm.html

icant decide!!!! AHHHH help

i love all rock and metal like system of a down, coheed and cambra, the offspring, etc.
i will be using a vox 30watt amp or a roland cube 30 or 20 still havent made my mind up about that either.

anyway i wanna know which one is worth the money which one suites my style more because i have not played either one of em this is why i ask yall to give me suggestions thanks
Im getting an Agile AL-3000. But for your music taste i would probably go with the iceman. but i like them both =]
Well, for agiles i was told to NOT get one unless i get a 3000 or up series. I dont know why, this is just what people told me. And im pretty sure the guy from SOAD uses an iceman, correct?
The iceman.
Quote by tymatt67
kinky = using a feather , perverted = using whole chicken.

Iceman Big fan of Ibanez! the Iceman is just a great guitar, suits almost any genre of music aswell

The Agile or whatever.. Mhm... I dont like Les Paul copys... no matter how expensive they are, you cannot comapre it to the real Epi/Gibson Les Pauls, especially the Customs.

But yeah I think for more rock and metal, the Iceman would be an excelent choice.
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Last edited by 666-JoE-666 at Jun 12, 2008,
ok so far the iceman is winning but i the thing im not happy about the iceman is that its a bolt on neck :/ will that ruin the sustain? oh and which amp sounds better with an iceman vox or roland?

i love all rock and metal like system of a down, coheed and cambra, the offspring, etc.

Firstly SOAD is not metal, coheed is more metal than them, and the offspring is punk.

I would buy the agile or whatever it was, the ice man, specially that one has really bad tone.
I don't like the ICX's....they just look like an iceman with downs syndrome.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
ok so far the iceman is winning but i the thing im not happy about the iceman is that its a bolt on neck :/ will that ruin the sustain? oh and which amp sounds better with an iceman vox or roland?

sustain is not really determined by neck.
Quote by Ghold125
sustain is not really determined by neck.

It has more to do with it than you might realize. The more mass in the neck the more sustain it will add to the sustain. Heavy body, then neck thickness/density.
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
Well, for agiles i was told to NOT get one unless i get a 3000 or up series. I dont know why, this is just what people told me. And im pretty sure the guy from SOAD uses an iceman, correct?

Agile 2500 quality doesnt fall far behind the 3000 series. From what I could see the build quality of those are pretty close. It's just the matter of pickups and neck, maple with rosewood fingerboard or mahogany with ebony fingerboard.

Avoid the 2000 series, though...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I would recommend the Iceman because I have one, but I don't know about that model and you say it's a bolt on.. so it could be very different than mine.

I also hate the way ICx's look. It's not as beastly :P
Ibanez S470DXQM
Ibanez IC-400 [Made in Korea, Aug. 2005]
Ibanez Studio ST55 [Made in Japan, Sept. 1980]
VOX AD50VT Amp
Morley Bad Horsey Wah
BOSS MD-2 Mega Distortion Pedal
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy

Firstly SOAD is not metal, coheed is more metal than them, and the offspring is punk.

I would buy the agile or whatever it was, the ice man, specially that one has really bad tone.

I believe they are, actually. In fact, they happen to be nu metal.

What's wrong with the Iceman? Maybe you played it through an MG or something.

I would suggest the Iceman.