I am a big impulse buyer and I ran into this guitar at a local music shop, I played it for about ten seconds and new I had to have it. Its a Charvette by Charvel, I know its a cheap guitar probably made out of ply wood with a bolt on neck (I only paid about $170 for it) but its got he thinnest neck I have ever seen on a guitar, really low action, and a cool paint job, but there is really no info on the guitar to help me date it and I cant find any identical ones online, so if anyone can tell just by the paintjob or its looks what year it is, and possibly the model name (if Charvettes even have model names) that would be much appreciated.
Attachments:
Charvel Charvette.jpg
Charvel Charvette full.jpg
I don't think dating a guitar would be a very good thing. What happens when you break up? That violent secks?

Oh.. OHH

My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Thats a sexy guitar..

interested in a orgy with my Talman?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Wow, that takes me back to my first guitar...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
You can probably find a serial number somewhere like under the neck joint, or on the back of the neck printed there.

With the serial number you can probably call the company for an estimate on the date.
Quote by StuntPenguin007
I am a big impulse buyer and I ran into this guitar at a local music shop, I played it for about ten seconds and new I had to have it. Its a Charvette by Charvel, I know its a cheap guitar probably made out of ply wood with a bolt on neck (I only paid about $170 for it) but its got he thinnest neck I have ever seen on a guitar, really low action, and a cool paint job, but there is really no info on the guitar to help me date it and I cant find any identical ones online, so if anyone can tell just by the paintjob or its looks what year it is, and possibly the model name (if Charvettes even have model names) that would be much appreciated.

Hey find out anything about your Charvette? By now you must be madly in love with after a month of dating. Anyway the Charvette might not have any guitar snob appeal because it's Korean made (most likely) cheap etc. but that neck..oh my god..especially if you have small hands like me you're in LLLOOOOVVVEEEE. After years of not playing and being a guitar snob when I did I just bought a Charvette and it brings me back to the first time I touched one..wow...what made me wait so long!!!!!
That is one of the sweetest paint jobs ever.

+100 to you TS on the impulse buy.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

mines just like tht but my humbucker isnt covered mine is a 90/91 model 200 with ylw/blk crackle finish w/reverse neck
That paintjob kicks ass! I love crackle finishes, but you never see them on new guitars. My friend has a late 80s USA Jackson Dinky-Strat with a red crackle finish, and he uses it for metalcore. Wonder if I could ever convince him to let me take it off his hands....
Anyone know how to adjust the truss rod on one of these? I can't figure it out.
I attached a photo. Can't get a wrench in their, and don't see a place for an allen key.

Chris
Attachments:
truss1.jpg
Quote by ctownwhat
Anyone know how to adjust the truss rod on one of these? I can't figure it out.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Truss_rods/Wrenches,_hex_keys/Pocket_Truss_Rod_Wrenches.html

one of these. not sure what size, but this would be what you need.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I seriously thought that Charvettes were like Charvel's version of the Dallas Cheerleaders, and you were trying to troll us.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I seriously thought that Charvettes were like Charvel's version of the Dallas Cheerleaders, and you were trying to troll us.

haha yeah i have an old Charvette too, that i sanded down and "refinished." was my first project. nobody ever knows what i'm talking about when i say Charvette though
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
My charvette is awesome, just wouldn't stay in tune until I adjusted the truss rod and the bridge, now it's good to go, sounds killer! 80s style.