Poll: Does jackson charge too much for a paint job
Poll Options
View poll results: Does jackson charge too much for a paint job
yes
32 78%
no
9 22%
Voters: 41.
For the Jackson USA series, every guitar is around $2000 for standard black paint but for any guitar with color on it, the price goes up to $2500. I think that's a bit ridiculous for just a paint job. Does anyone agree?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
yes its ridiculous, but people pay for it, so...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
It's expensive but if you would buy cheaper one and tell luthier to paint it id would cost you more. So if you aren't skilled enough to paint it by yourself you have to pay those 500$ for paint job.
I don't really like Jackson that much. They make good guitars, but their relationship with the customer is crappy. I have a friend who ordered one of the first Warrior MG's, and he payed somewhere aroun $3000 for it. So, a few months later he accidentally cracked his JS 30's neck during a gig, and he contacted Jackson about ordering a new one. They blatantly refused, saying that they refuse to sell just the neck of the guitar, because people use them to make fakes to sell on eBay. The ridiculous thing is, he had the receipt for his JS30, and his $3000 Warrior, and even when he gave them the information and they confirmed it, they still refused to sell him a new neck.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
yeah but you cnat complain. the extra money is too much but people pay for it. you want to pay 300-500 bucks more to get a good looking guitar rather than a ****ty looking one.

iono. like sunbursts on strats sound better so theyre more expensive. faded sg's and les pauls are cheaper because they have different tones. it could be tone based or not. they make less of the more expensive ones. to make those, they have to convert the entire factory for that one design, which people buy less of
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Dog454
I don't really like Jackson that much. They make good guitars, but their relationship with the customer is crappy. I have a friend who ordered one of the first Warrior MG's, and he payed somewhere aroun $3000 for it. So, a few months later he accidentally cracked his JS 30's neck during a gig, and he contacted Jackson about ordering a new one. They blatantly refused, saying that they refuse to sell just the neck of the guitar, because people use them to make fakes to sell on eBay. The ridiculous thing is, he had the receipt for his JS30, and his $3000 Warrior, and even when he gave them the information and they confirmed it, they still refused to sell him a new neck.

wow. so you buy a jackson, ask for a neck, show receipt and you can make fakes. simple as that. it's not ridiculous. they're not stupid
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
The "high priced" paint jobs are the graphic ones, standard colors are the same price or only a little more than black.

On a side note, I would kill for a snakeskin SL2H/SL1. Literally.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
The USA guitar graphics are done by hand. 500 is a lot but considering the work put into it its no surprise.
Quote by Dog454

Not selling parts for that reason is a very standard policy among guitar companies. Carvin won't even sell their decals with their own guitar kits for that reason, last I heard.
Quote by Dog454

Your friend is stupid for spending that much money on a WRMG because they're under $1,000. Not even USA Selects go up that high in price.
Quote by Justin Credible
The USA guitar graphics are done by hand. 500 is a lot but considering the work put into it its no surprise.

This. You realize if I had to paint a Snake skin graphic on ANY guitar, not only would it suck but it would take DAYS. So I don't think they're just trying to get your money, but it costs them more when they have to paint graphics or use different paints, and they're a business. They're not going to take a loss, you are.
yes it is...
but i think simpler is nicer...
like black/white or something
Just buy one with a transparant color, and not a painting. These paintings are ugly as hell and kinda ridiculous. And they cost alot because its hand sprayed.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
the new jacksons and charvels are not even that great. the old guitars - when they were a small company - are great. the new ones are only as good as the off the rack fender stuff.

not bad per say, but not what they used to be
Quote by SenorSmiley
the new jacksons and charvels are not even that great. the old guitars - when they were a small company - are great. the new ones are only as good as the off the rack fender stuff.

not bad per say, but not what they used to be

Your talking ****.
I have a 2001 SL2H (pre fender), i played an 2006 RR1 (fender) two days ago, and my dad has a 1988 Soloist (pre fender).
They all are the same quality, and play exactly the same.

Jackson hasnt changed one tiny bit.

I bet my balls on it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
You can get mad because you have one of the new ones, but they're not that good.

They have changed a lot. They don't even have the same factory or the same people making them.

Again, if you want a great jackson buy an old one - before they merged with IMC which I believe happened in 1986.

The guy above has probably never played a Jackson from this period and as such doesn't have a clue.

His dad has a Jackson that is probably decent but isn't an original one.

Just because something is old doesn't mean it's good.

I have seen the custom shop stuff they did pre FMIC and it was really nice but not for the money.
First: im not mad at you
Second: who the hell would think youre talking about Jacksons that are older then 22 years old?
It could be that there is a difference, but im sure that if Jackson would have changed THAT much, it would have received a bad reputation in these 22 years, which it hasnt.

And i can asure you that the '01 feels the same, sounds the same, and is even better finished than the '88 of my dad.
He even prefers my guitar over his.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
right, because in 1988 the off the rack Jackson wasn't that special a guitar.

Most of the smaller companies that were bought in the 80's (Jackson, Charvel, BC Rich, Kramer) made some amazing guitars for famous people (and some of them had guitars ghostbuilt) and put out decent guitars for the masses.

Again, I'm sure your guitar is decent, although I believe the new USA ones have Chinese hardware but I'm not sure on this, and I'm sure your dad's is ok too.

If you put it next to an old Jackson from the original company or a guitar built by one of those builder's new companies it would surprise you.
Quote by Vittu0666
Your friend is stupid for spending that much money on a WRMG because they're under $1,000. Not even USA Selects go up that high in price.

It was the third one ever produced. Original Floyd instead of a Jackson, flamed maple top, EMG 81/60 combo. They were originally going to be Jim Root's signature model, but instead were converted into cheaper production models.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
How is the third one produced any better then the 1 millionth if it's a CNC machine built guitar? I believe Jackson uses a chinese version of the FR on all their FR guitars (could be mistaken)