Hi Everyone,
I'm updgrading my home studio from an old mac w/ GarageBand to a new MacBook w/ Apple Logic Express 8. Not only am I upgrading my recording software but I'm moving from a Direct Box to a Motu Ultra-Lite. Now the question is what Mic's? I'm using an SM57 & SM58 which are nice but not quite up to what I would like for a good recording at the home studio. I'm looking for two more mic's or one that could do it all. I'll be recording Acoustic Guitar / Female Vox / Male Vox. I'm looking to spend 500-800$ on Microphones. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Lank
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
The SingStar mics are actually pretty good, but I'm guessing you'll need ones a lot better.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by Wiirdo
The SingStar mics are actually pretty good, but I'm guessing you'll need ones a lot better.

Naw, they're rubbish.

It's what I have.

Edit: Since when was several hundered $$$ a budget price???
Compared to a Neumann - upper end AKG and Sennheiser - 500$ is budget price.
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
look at other shure mics. for acoustic and vocals you'll want some nice condensers.

i have a set of drum mics, and i use the 2 condensers from that to record all my acoustic guitar stuff, i use a SM57 for everything electric, it's pretty much the industry standard for the mid range instruments, people use them for snares all the time too so you're good with that. the SM58 is supposed to be good for vox, but from my experience condensers are better.
Check out some of the AKG range, they have some great condensers.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."