***Disclaimer : This piece may cause your computer to lag. I am not to be held responsible for any crash or problems that happens to your PC. You've been warned!***

Yes, folk, your eyes did not deceive you! This song is really twenty six minute long! Well, WinAmp says it's 26:30 minute, to be exact.

Now, a bit about this song. Well, I can only say that this is long . And as the title says, it is (I hope) epic. It's 26 minute long, comprised of 5 movements, each more of being separate pieces with one unifying theme than one full song, but whatever. This is mostly symphonic, and the orchestra is playing almost throughout the song, so yeah, if that's not your thing, than meh. There's actually a backstory here, though there is no lyrics (yet, though there is some linear notes in file 4 in each song that might give you idea on the story), so deal with it .

Anyway, this is not really epic metal, seeing as only parts of it is metal, there are many influences from everywhere here and there, i.e. there's some jazz, classical, symphonic, rock, ska, folk, etc. I can only ask you to judge for yourself how this sound .

File 1 is GP5, file 2 GP4, file 3 MIDI, and file 4 is the separate movements as individual songs, in case the other files are too heavy (850 measures and half a megabyte for a GP file? lol). I hope you guys could listen to it from start to finish, the whole 26 minute of it, because then and only then you will feel the full impact of the song. Well, enough about this, I hope you guys will enjoy this song, and as always, constructive crits are always welcome (though I expect to receive only like 1 or 2 proper crits), and C4C (maybe I'll do 2-3 of your songs in exchange for this?). So, fire away!

***Disclaimer : This piece may cause your computer to lag. I am not to be held responsible for any crash or problems that happens to your PC. You've been warned!***
Attachments:
The Fallacy of the Fallen.zip
The Fallacy of the Fallen GP4.zip
The Fallacy of the Fallen MIDI.zip
The Fallacy of the Fallen Chapters.zip
Just started listening... I'll get back to you when I'm done
Edit: It's really good! I want to hear the real version because midi doesn't do justice
Very nice. I can say you are right and some don't go together, but there needs to be more of a link between pieces. I can't complain about anything else though, it sounded excellent
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Super epic win. I love you now
Made siggable

Nice. now I'll be suing you.
Last edited by nasadm at Jun 12, 2008,
i didnt listen to the whole thing cuz i am in a rush but it was definately epic and very well made. kudos march of eternity. i will probably listen to the whole thing later.
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
I like the intro, even if it sounded a bit wrong at times.

Crit as I listen:

The next part had a few "bad" notes, but beyond that it was good. Then, the big whole symphonic feel made it just seem really epic, in fact I could hear it being a song in Chrono Trigger .

The drums didn't really fit, well the first little beat at least. Then when the guitar came in, it got a little dull, as did the drums, but then it changed quick enough so it didn't lull me to sleep. Then the next few bits were in the same vein until the break with the keys. Which led into another very, very pretty symph. piece which I think was from the beginning. The whole symphonic feel of that was nice.

The next part is different, with it leading into the dark part. I liked all the instruments fading in and out, but it got a bit boring until the drums broke it and led into that riff with a soloing guitar. That was just until the 6 minute mark, I will finish this full crit later.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
to be totally honest that was pretty bad, you tried to hard to make it epic and threw in too many instruments and it sounded way too cluttered and there was a ridiculous number of 'bad' notes and clashing notes. none of the melodies complimented each other and it just seemed to have no flow or direction. i found myself skipping every few bars because it wasnt catchy or interesting enough for the pace of it.

also it seems like youre using the length as a gimmick to draw people to it when in reality its a real downside to it as it would be near impossible to focus listening to this for that length of time as its not exciting enough.

sorry dude.
I dont agree with most of what ch715dallat said, but still. He made some good points.

There are some pretty good parts, but there's also some parts that are just bad. Parts where it's completely out of key and dissonant, and just doesnt work. If you took out all the bad parts and used just the good parts it'd be like.. 12 minutes and still quite good.

The bass solo was a) not possible, and b) not that well executed, but the ending guitar solos were really good. The outro started good... then was bad cause of that one annoying effect.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I'm really hesitant to crit this one. It's fairly obvious that you've put an incredible amount of work into it, and I really hate to bash you for it. But... I will

First, this would be better as 4 different songs, or one much shorter one.

This song is totally forgettable. There are some amazing ideas contained in the song, but they go by so quickly they never get a chance to really sink in. There seems to be far too much ambiance between the real substance that the song offers. Lots of strange note choices, which sometimes work, and sometimes don't. It seems to me like you set out to write an epic song, came up with a bunch of good ideas, then added as much filler and layering as you could.

The drums also bother me. While they change beats constantly, they don't seem to change their basic feel. It's like constantly new patterns, same feel. It's grating after 26 minutes worth.

The breakdowns are by far the best part of the entire thing.

All of that said, this song just feels forced. I'm willing to bet that this could be trimmed down to about 8 minutes, and it would probably be far more epic than it is now.
Meh, so there were THAT many bad parts, eh? I don't quite mind, as this is a really old piece, like a few month old, that I decided to pick up again, seeing as I really like this piece, and I really want to perfect it. The second part was written the first, like a year ago, so I definitely haven't had as much skill as now, so that's why it sucked, and most of it were written a few month back. Only the last part was re-written a few weeks ago, so maybe that's why the outro solo is good . Btw, this is more of a suite (so 5 different songs) than a whole song, so I'd appreciate it if you crit it as so.

Anyway, I don't mind negative crits, but I do mind bad crits, as in confusing, non-specific crits. I don't mind you guys saying bad things about this, but please, don't say it as is, specify which part is good and bad, don't just say like "This song is good/bad" or "There are some pretty good parts, but there's also some parts that are just bad," I can't read your mind, y'know. Tell me which parts are good, which needs work, which parts you liked, and which parts were just utter trash .

I know it's hard, considering the size of this thing, but you could at least crit it per movement and/or with a little bit of detail . Sorry if this seems like a rant, because I'm not angry, just that I really need those crits. I know this song isn't perfect, far from it, even, but I want to perfect this thing, so I need to know what you guys think. Well, I am well prepared that maybe nobody will give a proper, in-depth crit, but whatever, one can always hope, can they?

The bass solo was a) not possible, and b) not that well executed

Yes, because clearly, we bassists aren't allowed to perform a solo, right? We does not have the capability and privilege to whip out a two-handed tapping solo . Anyways, my fault for not putting the tap marker on it.

First, this would be better as 4 different songs, or one much shorter one.

And you are right! Like I've said before, this is more of 5 songs (well, three, plus an overture and an extended outro) with one unifying theme, so it's more of a suite rather than one whole song, but yeah.

Anyway, peace out
lol the first time u sent me this my gp crashed haha. Its an epic disaster of ideas and theres no way to better to say it lol. Great use of time and Great use of instruments. meh... nicetry :P:
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Quote by MarchOfEternity
Anyway, I don't mind negative crits, but I do mind bad crits, as in confusing, non-specific crits. I don't mind you guys saying bad things about this, but please, don't say it as is, specify which part is good and bad, don't just say like "This song is good/bad" or "There are some pretty good parts, but there's also some parts that are just bad," I can't read your mind, y'know. Tell me which parts are good, which needs work, which parts you liked, and which parts were just utter trash .

This song is really impossible not to do a "bad" crit on though, In order for anyone to really be specific we'd have to take at least 10 pages of notes over 3 or 4 listens, and then write the whole thing down. It's just too long to be able to write something specific like that from memory, and the song is so long that it's impossible to remember where certain parts were, and also being that it's so long and nothing really gets a chance to sink in, most people will have forgotten 3/4 of the song by the time it's finished.

For best results you might consider reposting each "song" by itself every few days, I think that'd make it somewhat easier for people to really respond to. But keep in mind it's pretty tough to get people to be really specific to begin with, whether it's a 3:30 song or a 26 minute one.
Quote by MarchOfEternity
Yes, because clearly, we bassists aren't allowed to perform a solo, right? We does not have the capability and privilege to whip out a two-handed tapping solo . Anyways, my fault for not putting the tap marker on it.

No, because I've never even seen Victor Wooten tap that quickly. There were times where even with tapping it was insane.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Well, it's roughly as fast as Myung's solo in Metropolis, so that's that. The grace notes were a bit too fast, yes, but doable, though rigorous. But if you think it's impossible, fine then, I could always dream . It's GP anyway, and though I don't quite fancy writing what can't be played, I can exaggerate on some parts, now, can I?
Without going into much detail... there were some really good parts, and some parts that were just so off it was terrible. The beggining of part three, for instance, was amazing. But all of part one was a total wreck. If I were to gve you one suggestion, it would be to stop wiriting huge songs like this, and focus more on writing GOOD songs.

Try taking some of your best ieas from his song and ptting them into a shorter, more well thouht out piece.
I'm a person.
Personally... i think you tried to hard, some parts are all right some parts are awful, some parts just get boring as well, nothing really stands out a whole lot in the song... i pretty much agree with ch715dallat man.
on a positive note its probably better then anything i can come up with.