The Swedish government are about to vote!
And they are voting about if they should be able to read all our emails, see all website we'll been on, listen to our phonecall, read our text messengers!

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146750/swedish_govt_to_vote_on_allowing_email_phone_monitoring.html

I'm not so good at writing in english so don't be pissed off if there's a grammar wrong.
Alla Luktar Fisk I Göteborg!
Kensai will take care of it.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I think it's for the better.

Just look at all those foreign threats sweden has suffered... like russia invading through finland in the 18th century!

Somebody's gotta put those damn ruskies in place, and who knows what denmark is up to!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jun 12, 2008,
Quote by confusius
Were they elected legally?

If yes... tough.

doesn't make it anymore acceptable jackass
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
doesn't make it anymore acceptable jackass

It does actually, because if it's a democratic system, the parliament have been bestowed their power by the people giving them the right to decide what is best for the people. It happens in governments all over the world. Take gay marriage for example, it's legal in Spain but not in other countries. Why? Because one government saw it best for the people and the others didn't.

Back your statements up, jackass.
If that happens your country will be the be the most restrictive of all time. What they would do is also illegal
Quote by Kensai
I think it's for the better.

Just look at all those foreign threats sweden has suffered... like russia invading through finland in the 1800th century!

Somebody's gotta put those damn ruskies in place, and who knows what denmark is up to!

There is nothing wrong with that. Total power to the government is the strongest safeguard to national security
Quote by confusius
Were they elected legally?

If yes... tough.

Despite the fact that the concept of a totalitarian system is frightening I actually agree with this statement.

There would be a lot more stupid decisions being made if Sweden was a representative democracy on a national level.

My advice: Move.
Quote by joey100
There is nothing wrong with that. Total power to the government is the strongest safeguard to national security

SURELY you jest?????????????????????
Quote by mon_the_fraser
If that happens your country will be the be the most restrictive of all time. What they would do is also illegal

Lol.

A. Never heard of China, have we? Never heard about the Patriot act, have we? It's not like Sweden is going to become a repressive dictatorship because of this.

B. It's not illegal if they legalize it.

I'd stand against this bill, but the justification they propose ain't enough for me.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I really hope this doesn't go through. Wouldn't want to give Labour any ideas.

I swear they've already proposed that idea here already.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by confusius
It does actually, because if it's a democratic system, the parliament have been bestowed their power by the people giving them the right to decide what is best for the people. It happens in governments all over the world. Take gay marriage for example, it's legal in Spain but not in other countries. Why? Because one government saw it best for the people and the others didn't.

Back your statements up, jackass.

OK so say you vote for a party based on their ideas and then they go off and develop several new ideas while their in power with or without the consent of the people

yes that seems increadably democratic doesn't it

My party believes in free fuel, health care and booze.

but now that we're in power I think we'll put an oppressive new law into opperation instead

Just because we vote people in based on trust doesn't mean they can abuse it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
You voted for them, right? It's your fault if you weren't wise enough to see what was going to happen in the future. It's perfectly democratic for a government to do that.
Quote by confusius
You voted for them, right? It's your fault if you weren't wise enough to see what was going to happen in the future. It's perfectly democratic for a government to do that.

famous last words much?

I'd list examples of how several key events that occured under Nazi rule took place that weren't in their manifesto but I'm sure you can look that up yourself
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
IMO... Government better works within a state rather than on a national level.

Quote by wiggy1988
OK so say you vote for a party based on their ideas and then they go off and develop several new ideas while their in power with or without the consent of the people

yes that seems increadably democratic doesn't it

My party believes in free fuel, health care and booze.

but now that we're in power I think we'll put an oppressive new law into opperation instead

Just because we vote people in based on trust doesn't mean they can abuse it

So are you suggesting representative democracy on a national level? Ultimately it makes no difference. You'll just have a bunch of uneducated morons making decisions for their state and themselves rather than for the benefit of the country..
Last edited by Budd_Dwyer at Jun 12, 2008,
Quote by confusius
What's your point? You're comparing nazis to a democratic government? Your logic is flawed.

The Nazi's came to power as a domocratic party...exactly how is my logic flawed?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by triggerhappy19
Why not just do it without having a vote like here in the US!

+1
i hear if you go online in a circle, then the government can't see.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by wiggy1988
The Nazi's came to power as a domocratic party...exactly how is my logic flawed?
He's right ya know.

I saw that film with Robert Carlisle, they had a nice montage showing more and more Nazis getting elected into government.

Because we're not in the social and political context before WWII?
Quote by confusius
Because we're not in the social and political context before WWII?

Confucius say-Study the past if you would define the future.

I'd have thought you of all people would recognise the wisdom of those words

Basically, history repeats itself. And people are still just as gullible as they were 70 years ago. Governments are more than willing to completely ignore the people that gave them power and do whatever the hell they want.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Jun 12, 2008,
We're in the same context as the pre war years? Are the people that desperate looking for a solution to their troubles. Hitler was popular because Germany was in a crisis and he looked like the solution. Sweeden is not in a crisis the size of Germany's.

Anyway, dinnertime. I might be back later. Good argument.
Quote by Budd_Dwyer
IMO... Government better works within a state rather than on a national level.

So are you suggesting representative democracy on a national level? Ultimately it makes no difference. You'll just have a bunch of uneducated morons making decisions for their state and themselves rather than for the benefit of the country..

I know, I'm a realist
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
Confucius say-Study the past if you would define the future.

I'd have thought you of all people would recognise the wisdom of those words

Basically, history repeats itself. And people are still just as gullible as they were 70 years ago. Governments are more than willing to completely ignore the people that gave them power and do whatever the hell they want.

I give props to Hitler, not for the whole genocide thing, but for tricking a nation into allowing him to run it.
Quote by confusius
We're in the same context as the pre war years? Are the people that desperate looking for a solution to their troubles. Hitler was popular because Germany was in a crisis and he looked like the solution. Sweeden is not in a crisis the size of Germany's.

Anyway, dinnertime. I might be back later. Good argument.

This argument was about governments abusing the power aloted to them by the voting public. The Swedish government are doing that...so is the British government actually. I'm pretty sure that when I last voted Labour they were not talking about putting Black Boxes in my car but they've made a number of comments about wanting to do just that. And I'm almost certain the Swedish party in question didn't mention wanting to bring in a law allowing them to read the publics emails when the general election was in play

what I'm saying is, political parties like this always put forward their ideas that will get them votes (for obvious reasons) they hardly (if ever) mention the policies that plan on removing personal privicy or destroying civil liberties (for equally obvious reasons). So when it happens don't blame the public.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by triggerhappy19
I give props to Hitler, not for the whole genocide thing, but for tricking a nation into allowing him to run it.

he tricked themmm?