i have an SSS PG that i want to turn into

mini bucker
mini bucker
regular humbucker

hows the best way to do this?
im really short on tools right now, i was thinking of heating it up with a soldering iron
and getting it off with an exacto knife

but whats the correct way to do it, im sure i could find someone with the proper tools
Dremel
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
You will be there forever with a knife. And a soldering iron will just make a mess. Dremel about the most useful thing ever made.
Not to mention the danger in cutting something as hard as a pickguard with an exacto knife.

Not a good idea IMO.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
no money for a custom pickguard
3 ply white-creme-white
with holes for 7 mini switches
routed for a vintage trem
with a a mini bucker in the neck, one in the bridge and a regular humbucker in the bridge

yeah thats not gonna be cheap

so dremel then?
dremel tools can do amazing s***. the build im doin this summer will probably fail without my dremel.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
i use a router to make my pickguards. i bolt it to a big piece of wood, and i route into using templates. i do the holes with the drill press, and i do the 5-way slot with an exact/razor blade/ 1/32 drill bit.
a coping saw
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by Recondite Blue
no money for a custom pickguard
3 ply white-creme-white
with holes for 7 mini switches
routed for a vintage trem
with a a mini bucker in the neck, one in the bridge and a regular humbucker in the bridge

yeah thats not gonna be cheap

so dremel then?

check out terrapin guitars, it might not be too bad as the outline is standard and the service is great
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Invader Jim
Dremels will just melt it. Use a hacksaw. That's what I use. Doesn't take forever and doesn't ruin the pickguard. Just drill a hole so the blade can fit through.

I was thinking more Dremel + Dremel router bit + plunge router accessory.