I'm not really sure what forum this should go in, but it seems like a pretty basic problem, so I decided to put it here.

I have a black Ibanez GAX70, and fingerprints show up on it like nobody's business. Is there any kind of household item I could use to rid my guitar of these annoying blemishes, or would I have to go out and buy something?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Whatever you do, don't use a common household item. Some stuff can damage the finish. You've gotta get guitar polish and a soft rag.
my bro takes Pledge for tabletops and stuff and sprays it onto an old rag and cleans his black acoustic fender. but that just him
Pick up some guitar polish (dunlop 65 for example) from your local guitar store and use a soft rag to clean the body.
Pledge works great! My friend (Been playing atleast 30 years) uses only pledge to clean his 17 guitars and basses. 2 of them being Mosrite Ventures models. I use a high quality spray glass cleaner on my Strat and 335, and it gives a shine like no other! Although, I only use Dunlop 65 guitar cleaner on my Taylor, for multiple reasons. Hope this will help you out!
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Alright, I'll probably try Pledge or a guitar polish. Thanks a lot.

It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now