So, I was playing my Ibanez AFS75 hollowbody electric and someone called me from the other room so I put it down in the stand, and when I did, my amp started making a crazy loud buzzing/humming noise! So anyway, I think I knocked a wire loose or something on accident, but here's the kicker... I don't know how to get in there and fix it!

So... anyone know how to work on hollowbodies at all that would be willing to share the secret? PLEEEEEAAASE!!
Super-mega-ultra-neato things should go here!!
its nothing wrong with your guitar, thats called feedback. the real low pitch that swells? yeah. just turn your amp off next time haha. hollowbodies are more prone to feedback than a semi-hollow or solidbody. if it happens while you play, back away from the amp and turn your gain down a bit.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
No. I'm not retarded. I know what feedback is...
theres different kinds of feedback, buddy. its not always the squealy kind. you telling me IM retarded, you jackass? when i way the kind that starts low and swells, i mean its more of a rumbling than anything, not high pitched squeaking like you think im talking about. i own an AS175 custom and it gets that feedback all the time. wait for the "noise" to start, then back off your gain and volume a bit, and step back and see what happens.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Last edited by htsktim91989 at Jun 12, 2008,
probably your cable. try to use a different cable.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by htsktim91989
theres different kinds of feedback, buddy. its not always the squealy kind. you telling me IM retarded, you jackass? when i way the kind that starts low and swells, i mean its more of a rumbling than anything, not high pitched squeaking like you think im talking about.

No, you're not retarded, I just don't appreciate you assuming what I know and don't know. What I DO know, is that it is my guitar. What I do NOT know is how to get in there and work on it. It is NOT feedback because feedback doesn't happen instantly when you turn on the amp with the volume down on the guitar. It's not a cable issue because all of my guitars work on the same cable I was using. Sorry for if I sounded rude at first, it's just that I do, in fact know what feed back is. Trust me.
Quote by JahCohBee
No. I'm not retarded. I know what feedback is...

Quote by htsktim91989
you telling me IM retarded, you jackass?

He never called you anything...

As for the TS, for this I recommend just taking it to the shop.
Do you get any sound out your guitar now (other than the noise I mean)? If you do is it weak sounding?
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Do you get any sound out your guitar now (other than the noise I mean)? If you do is it weak sounding?

Nope, at least not over the noise.
Sounds like your output isn't fully connected. Does it matter which pickup is selected & do you have a multimetre?
Moving on.....